Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Firebird MKA 1919

RiggerJJ

I could have probably done this faster, but at 30 rounds at time it gets kinda expensive. Point is, I'm trying to show that these shotguns DO work, and well.

I have had this shotgun for most of the season. went thru some growing pains with ammo, but after I dialed into what ammo it wants, it has been nothing but a hosing machine! I used it in 3 major matches, the first I had chosen poorly on the ammo, the other 2 it ran flawlessly.

Its a Full Race Firebird conversion, with a prototype race ramp mod. I did some minor polishing, but thats all it has had done to it.

The mags are a prototype that Jim at Firebird made a year ago that were not being ignored, Jim has just been much too busy converting guns. As he has posted elsewhere, available 15 (maybe more) round mags are not far off, maybe this winter?

So, post your shotgun 30 round mag dump, lets find out who, and what, is the fastest!?

jj

(why did I choose 30 rounds? so everyone would have to do a mag change! :)

ETA; that included a slooow 2.3 second reload... :sick:

Edited by RiggerJJ

Interesting. I was reading a review and watching some video of the $2400 and up, SRM 1216 multi-tube, detachable magazine shotgun. It's got some features I like, but for a large capacity, detachable magazine shotgun, I just don't see it as being "better" for any use, let alone 3-gun competition.

Have you spent any time reviewing the SRM and, as a MKA 1919 owner, do you have an opinion you'd care to share?

C

Interesting. I was reading a review and watching some video of the $2400 and up, SRM 1216 multi-tube, detachable magazine shotgun. It's got some features I like, but for a large capacity, detachable magazine shotgun, I just don't see it as being "better" for any use, let alone 3-gun competition.

Have you spent any time reviewing the SRM and, as a MKA 1919 owner, do you have an opinion you'd care to share?

C

never even seen the SRM...

NICE...i just got 3 of the new mags to convert when Jim gets the extensions made...My gun is running great as well..dont have any issues, no new springs or the feedramp you had done...just used common sense..cant wait for more capacity!!! :cheers:

Edited by nipplehead

Watched some of the videos on the SRM 1216. Lots of misfires, looks like the magazine swap is clumsy, and the ability to turn the mag assembly back to the empty tube could be issues for competitive use. However, it is an interesting shotgun.

Hmmmmmm, I'm usually not one for just abusing my gun and wasting ammo for no reason but I have a R and R Targets Saiga that I bet could blow the dusk off of your Akdal. I've shot both, I prefer mine. To me it just shoots softer. Nice to see an Akdal run though, good run. It's funny how much like race cars these things are. With the right ammo they're unbeatable, without it they are frustrating at best.

Edited by 9X23Guy

Hmmmmmm, I'm usually not one for just abusing my gun and wasting ammo for no reason but I have a R and R Targets Saiga that I bet could blow the dusk off of your Akdal. I've shot both, I prefer mine. To me it just shoots softer. Nice to see an Akdal run though, good run. It's funny how much like race cars these things are. With the right ammo they're unbeatable, without it they are frustrating at best.

so its the arrow not the Indian?

so its the arrow not the Indian?

It would help if the indian could do a reload faster than 2.30 second...more arrows, faster, good...!

jj