Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6 inch limited gun front sight width?

singlestackman

i use a .115 all black front on mine. It really is all preference. I like a little wider than some as for me it takes less time to align as If I can see the sight in there it is centered enough

Edited by EkuJustice

Hello: I have used front sight width from 0.070-0.125". I have found for me with a rear sight width of 0.115" a Dawson 0.0110" is great. I can see it quickly and get good accuracy even on small plates. Large poppers on the other hand seem to move around for me :roflol: Thanks, Eric

Hello: I used a Caspian 0.070" front sight for a while. It gave lots of light on either side and worked well. I then moved to this higher altitude and got older and found it was too much light on each side :roflol: The 0.110" wide one I found that I was faster on target and more accurate. The 0.125" wide I was even more accurate but also slower. I even tried the 0.090" and 0.100" wide ones with and without fiber inserts. That reminds me I should sell some of the old sights :roflol: Thanks, Eric

I was going to order this new sight from Brazos called a Mannydot; its real narrow at .070 but the FO rod is high up on the blade, virtually at the top. The sight is supposed to be used in conjunction with a narrow blade rear, .090 if I recall. I think the Mannydot may be a just a little too narrow though for a 6" and is probably better suited to a 5". Currently have a Dawson .110 on my 6", but going to order my old standy, the Brazos Microdot with .100 blade. This sight has worked real well for me on my last two Limited guns.

Hello: Another thing to consider is if you use a 0.100" wide front sight on your 5" pistol then the 0.110" wide one on the 6" gives you about the same amount of light on either side. This makes your sight picture about the same for the 5" and 6". Thanks, Eric

I was going to order this new sight from Brazos called a Mannydot; its real narrow at .070 but the FO rod is high up on the blade, virtually at the top. The sight is supposed to be used in conjunction with a narrow blade rear, .090 if I recall. I think the Mannydot may be a just a little too narrow though for a 6" and is probably better suited to a 5". Currently have a Dawson .110 on my 6", but going to order my old standy, the Brazos Microdot with .100 blade. This sight has worked real well for me on my last two Limited guns.

I spoke to Bob at the vendors tent @ this years Nationals. The 5" gun has the MannyDot .70/.90 sight comb. He said that this was something he was testing with Manny Bragg.

He also mentioned in his opinion, he didnt think the 6" was something that I would not like.

hope this helps.

I spoke to Bob at the vendors tent @ this years Nationals. The 5" gun has the MannyDot .70/.90 sight comb. He said that this was something he was testing with Manny Bragg.

He also mentioned in his opinion, he didnt think the 6" was something that I would not like.

hope this helps.

I also spoke with Bob in the vendor tent and he mentioned this to me too. The sight picture on that 5" was awesome, though I'm still unsure how it'll work on a 6" with the longer sight radius. Looking at the same sights on a 6" would make the front blade appear .010 smaller if my math is correct. Plus I would have to buy the matching expensive Wilson Combat rear at $135. Maybe I just should get another one of Bob's awesome 5" guns with the new sights on it :devil::devil:. wife would rip my balls off though lol.

What I don't understand is that wilson doesnt sell a rear sight with a .90 notch. It isnt listed on BE product listing. So I dont know where Bob get his rear sights. Although he mention that if you did want a larger notch, you can by just replacing the rear blade.

I really didnt pay that much attention to the sight combos he had because I was wearing my contacts and not my shooting glasses to give a fair assessment. I use on my SV gun a .80/.105 or so. And with my contacts it was hard see what I needed to see until I open the rear, ever so slighty with a file to get to the .105.

It is much better now. I see awhole lot better with the glasses I got from DECOT, for sure.

I can see what their getting at with the .70/.90 but I think (for me) I may need a little more light in the rear and opening it with a file would

not really be a big deal.

Thing about Bob/Brazos, his guns are top notch!!! I have never bought a gun from him but after talking to him, he does have his own way of building HIS guns, no doubt about that.

And am sure he stand 110% behind his work!!! Very nice triggers better than some of the others in the vendors tent that day...

thanks

Edited by kimberacp

I am doing the rear sight blade cut in house so that is why you don't see it offered elsewhere. I also serrate the blade at the same time as cutting the notch. With 0.090 notch and the 0.040 dot (0.070 post) you are in the A zone at 25 yds with any shot that keeps the dot inside the notch. Having the dot at the very top of the post helps also. I have not put one on a 6 inch yet but I think the sight picture will still be pretty good. There will just be a little more light on each side of the post. The whole setup is designed to give more choices as far as the sight picture you want. We have rear sight notches of 0.090, 0.110, 0.128, and 0.140 (the rear sight blade just screws on and off) and front sights of 0.070, 0.100, and 0.125 width. One of those sight combos is going to work for you whatever your preference.

• 3 weeks later...

Just put on the Brazos .100 Microdot on my 6"; so far its been working great with a .125 rear. Shot the gun in two club matches. Its noticeably faster for me to pick up so I'm faster on target. No problem mowing down steel. I have yet to try it on 25+ yard stuff but this seems like the magic combo for me. With the .110 front I was very accurate it but it felt like I wasn't as fast with it as I was with my old 5" guns, both of which had .100 fronts.