Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide lightening cuts

Ultimo-Hombre

ZEV Tech. I love mine and I have a 17L on the way!

p1192669536-4.jpg

What's going on on the back of the slide here? That part almost looks removable. Is that a mount for a slide mounted red dot dovetailed into the slide?

Edited by waktasz

that is a Glockworx addapter plate,

you can switch from open to Limited with two torx screws, 100% retuen to zero.

no holster changes,

you have the added benifit of additional weight removed when running in limited mode.

only avalable for all red dot reflex sights.

I have a 35 with a lightened slide and a 35 with a factory slide. I use 13 lbs ISMI with both of them.

Shooting major I actually like the feel of the factory slide more than the lightened slide. The factory slide is less violent... less flippy to me.

You should try to see if you can shoot a factory and a lightened slide side by side.

I took one of my 17s to a local machine shop; showed him a picture at a couple days later it was finished. Mine is more for front serrations then lighting but had great results and didn't have to send it off if you aren't local to a custom shop.

I took one of my 17s to a local machine shop; showed him a picture at a couple days later it was finished. Mine is more for front serrations then lighting but had great results and didn't have to send it off if you aren't local to a custom shop.

Got a picture?

I've always thought it would be cool to have front serrations on a Glock... Doesn't look like Gaston will give them to us...

Got a picture?

I've always thought it would be cool to have front serrations on a Glock... Doesn't look like Gaston will give them to us...

stand by.

Okay so I suck at shooting targets and photos. If you break out your magnifying glass you can see the front cuts. I personally think it looks and is great. There are identical to the rear except the are a little deeper; which had to be done to remove all the factory markings.

• 2 years later...

I have a 35 with a lightened slide and a 35 with a factory slide. I use 13 lbs ISMI with both of them.

Shooting major I actually like the feel of the factory slide more than the lightened slide. The factory slide is less violent... less flippy to me.

You should try to see if you can shoot a factory and a lightened slide side by side.

How about when shooting minor? Do you notice the same increase in flip with the lighter slide?

Has anybody who has a lightened slide on a 9MM noticed any difference in how "flat" the gun shoots?