Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guncrafter Industries, No Name, 1911

If you go look at all of the 1911 forums, they are reviewed VERY highly. I don't believe I have read a negative review about one of their guns. Supposedly the guy who runs the shop used to be one of the main guys at Wilson (I wanna say Wilson - I forget, but I know he was high up in one of the other shops, from what I've read)

• 1 month later...

Yes. People who are into 1911s sing the praises of what Guncrafter is producing. Alex Zimmerman is the guy in charge and has a hand in the making of these guns. In the semi custom market they supposedly can compete with the best out there.

I don't have one but a Guncrafter American or 50GI Model 2 is on my very short list of must haves.

Good quality, but for that kind of money I'd have something custom built exactly like I wanted rather than paying a lot of dough for a semi-factory gun with a fancy name (Wilson, Nighthawk, etc).

Edited by mpolans

I think for a 45 game gun it's hard to justify that much money when there are so many other options for so much less. You could have damn near 2 Baers for that money and I don't think you'd notice any difference in accuracy, or on a timer.

You could also have a nice 40 or 45 built by about anybody for that money. I'm sure the Guncrafter is great, I'm just not sure there aren't better choices for the money or equal choices for less.

At that price, I'd have something built - Benny Hill built my SS for about that, and I'm quite happy with it. Not knocking Guncrafter in any way, but I think its easier to stick w. a regular 1911, unless you want to shoot the 50 GI - which looks like a nifty round.

• 3 months later...