Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

need IDPA holster for 625 PC

feersum dreadnaught

Need some help here folks. I just got a 625 PC. I've changed the grips to the Hogue rubber from the 500 S&W, got some moon clips and moon clip holders, and started to look for a kydex holster.

I went to Comp-Tac, ordered theirs, and got a call - it doesn't fit the 625 PC. &%$*#@!. Went to CPWSA and ordered a Ready Tactical, and Chris sent me a nice note that the holster only fits "standard" N frames.

WTF? what is it about the 625 PC that causes it to not fit the same holster that other N frames go into?

thanks

I would not worry about what they say. Your gun doesn't have a full under lug on the barrel so it won't be that custom molded fit but it will go in, it will just not fit tight against the lug which doesn't hurt a thing. I prefer them a little loose anyway and the holsters are made to hold the gun by the trigger guard for retention. Heck, I have run a k frame gun in my N frame holster when I was shooting 2 guns and didn't feel like changing holsters. I use a Blade-Tech SRB. Comp-Tac also makes a great holster. There are other brands out there that claim IDPA legal and are not so watch what you buy and pay atention to the speed cut in the front of the holster, it can't extend more than an inch from the rear of the cylinder.

I just got a Bladetech with SRB attachment for my 625. I'm pleased with it, I don't know how you could do much better for an IDPA holster for a 625 - drawing from the Bladetech is very smooth and fast. Lead time was about 4 weeks.

I've been using a Blade Tech with DOH for my PC 625 and it works best for me, and a buddy, to take a dremel and lower the front of the holster about halfway down. Only do a strip so the barrel clears though. Helps keep the barrel from catching on the draw. I'm as fast with it as I was with a 002.

Of course IDPA probably would not let you take a dremel to it. Without that my 4" M29 works good.

Aren't all of the PC 625's with scalloped barrels 5" and therefore not legal for IDPA.

Edited by pskys2