Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thumb rest on CZ Czechmate

my00wrx1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Are the airsoft thumb rest durable? Can I put them in my 2011 frame?? Thanks

I ended up breaking the hardware on this one and bolting it directly to the optic mount. The little but on the inside of the mount is aluminum, so it's easy to damage if you overtighten.

• 3 weeks later...

Even though this thread is quite old, I think I may be able to contribute, somewhat.

I have a couple Czechmates and have mounted an old style EAA/Tanfo thumb rest on each of my pistols. The new style Tanfo thumb rests will not work. I have had a good experience with what is shown in the image. Perhaps EAA out of Florida has some old style thumb rests laying around somewhere -- don't know and haven't checked. Hope this helps.

post-25080-0-89362600-1422208356_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

I'm interested in finding a thumb rest also. Does anyone have any newer information? I found this post about the Allchin rest:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=210961&hl=%2Bczechmate+%2Bthumb+%2Brest

Just looking at it, I just don't feel my fat thumb will have enough real estate to park on. Anyone know of anything like this but larger? Thanks

Horizontal. I really do not like the Arredondo. I have tried just about every thumb rest and I got used to the Nitro Fin for the 2011. I know there is nothing like that for the CM but I was hoping for something similar. I do like the way the Allchin is more horizontal instead of a sharp angle up. It's just not big enough. Before I start trying to make my own, I was wondering if there was some other option.

Also, what slide racker are you using? That looked like a Cheely, is that the one? Did it fit the dovetail or did you have to do major work on it? Thanks

Is the Allchin bigger than the pics? It looks really tiny. Do you have any pics with your thumbs on it? What did you make your racker from? Thanks!

I took a 3/8" bolt and turned it on my drill press using a file and sand paper.

The Allchin is pretty small, your whole thumb won't fit, it's just enough to catch your thumb and keep it in place.

I use the 3-hole DAA thumb rest on my CM. Just take the middle screw out of the c-more mount and then mount the rest to that (using a longer screw). The mount will cover the pivot for the slide lock so you'll have to take it off to take the slide off but that's no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guys go to cz guns on the factory pistol topic side.. I posted pictures of an Allchin universal thumb rest that I have on my cmate...its mounted on the bottom of my mount, it really works great .. this is what is on the new STI open pisls

• 1 month later...

I ended up finding a thumb rest which is designed for the Czechmate. The brand and model name is 'advance ratio xcel'. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but it feels good.

Do you live in Australia? That company is there so just wondering if it was local to you.