Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DA triggerpull weight

stardust tommy

I use a Wolff 11 Lb rebound spring, and cut it 2 circles (thanks 4Mike for advice) and I feel very well.

But it depend revo by revo, for example on my 686-2 I feel good with a 12, if I go down I have a slow trigger return.

I don't know now exactly how much is, maybe 8 or 9 Lb.

In future I want try the Mike idea to use the Taurus spring.

I use a Wolff 11 Lb rebound spring, and cut it 2 circles (thanks 4Mike for advice) and I feel very well.

But it depend revo by revo, for example on my 686-2 I feel good with a 12, if I go down I have a slow trigger return.

I don't know now exactly how much is, maybe 8 or 9 Lb.

In future I want try the Mike idea to use the Taurus spring.

Patrick, I have found for reliable ignition with an (N) frame I need 32 oz. of hammer tension and with a (L) frame 36 oz. This includes the usual stuff Apex hammer, extended firing pin, federal primers ect. After the hammer tension is achieved I adjust the rebound spring for feel. Once I have completed all this for a particular gun out of curiosity I check the trigger pull. What ever it is I know it's optimum for that particular gun given the rebound I like.

My Bianchi revolver is 4 3/4 lbs. I load on a Dillon 1050 so I can set the primers very deep and the gun works. My very heavy barreled PPC gun is 6.5 lbs. both guns are very smooth.

Sounds awesome, I would love to see it sometime if I may? Awhile back I talked to Randy Lee and he suggested that the best results where obtained with a primer depth of 7 to 10 thousands. Sounds like I maybe getting a 1050.

All of my S&W revolvers are 5-5 1/2 lbs. All were done by Mike Carmoney. I also load Federal primers deep on a Dillon 1050 and do not have any ignition problems. I have a friend that hand primes all of his revolver loads and then finishes them on a 650 without the sizing die. All of his brass is roll sized and deprimed beforehand.

Edited by Jaxshooter

All of my S&W revolvers are 5-5 1/2 lbs. All were done by Mike Carmoney. I also load Federal primers deep on a Dillon 1050 and do not have any ignition problems. I have a friend that hand primes all of his revolver loads and the finishes them on a 650 without the sizing die. All of his brass is roll sized and deprimed beforehand.

Hand priming sounds like a pain in the ass but I would probably do it for a 4.75 lb trigger with good rebound.

Those darn rich Dentists just get whatever they want! :( (Private joke) :)

I really wish that were true. What I really want is all your knowledge. All settle for just the machining knowledge that you have forgotten...come on it's not like your going to be using it. :D

My Bianchi revolver is 4 3/4 lbs. I load on a Dillon 1050 so I can set the primers very deep and the gun works. My very heavy barreled PPC gun is 6.5 lbs. both guns are very smooth.

Sounds awesome, I would love to see it sometime if I may? Awhile back I talked to Randy Lee and he suggested that the best results where obtained with a primer depth of 7 to 10 thousands. Sounds like I maybe getting a 1050.

I'll be at the Cup look me up at the practice range and you can see it, if you promise not to drool on it!!!

I'll be at the Cup look me up at the practice range and you can see it, if you promise not to drool on it!!!

Ok, my plan is to ask to see it, have someone distract you and run. O crap! did I say that out loud, forget I said anything, see you at the cup. :D