Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet Puller Collet

vluc

A number of years ago I purchased a collet for an inertia bullet puller that has one open side, as opposed to the usual closed, three part collet. For the life of me I can't remember what it was called or where I got it. Anyone have a clue?

Ditch the hammer and get a hornady cam lock puller. You'll love it.

Have you ever used that on a Dillon? I did a search, and it seems that others have, but it also seems like it could damage the shell plate.

Edited by PingJockey

Ditch the hammer and get a hornady cam lock puller. You'll love it.

Have you ever used that on a Dillon? I did a search, and it seems that others have, but it also seems like it could damage the shell plate.

I use a separate, cheap lee single stage as a dedicated bullet pulling station at the end of my bench.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/807734/lee-reloader-single-stage-press

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/851547/hornady-cam-lock-bullet-puller

This is a slick little collet, I should take a pic of it. Looks like a regular collet but the band around it only covers three side so insertion and removal only requires a slight release of tension on the tightening plastic ring.

Probably read about it on here somewhere years ago, went to the web site and bought one, but as I said, can't remember the name or the site.

Vince- Mine looks like that because it is supposed to accommodate a wide variety of rounds. That's looks like a large collet for bigger pistol and rifle rounds. My Lyman pullet came with 2 collets- large and small. Check out MidwayUSA for a collet set, I think Frankfort Arsenal makes just a collet set for sale.

Edited by PKT1106

Thanks, but those are not it. I think I may have found it, though. I think it is the Quinetics "quick chuck", and that sounds real familiar though I can find no credit card records, but I may not have gone back enough.