Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 03-13

Flexmoney

• 2 weeks later...

CM 03-13

Any one take a close look at this one? How can they expect us to set this thing up consistantly?

No information about the type of swingers used. NO distances for the swinging targets. Nothing about swing rate. I haven't seen a swinger that can be set so the target is vertical before activation, they want the targets covered by the barricate prior to activation.

Don't get me wrong, this looks like alot of fun. What was USPSA thinking when they put this one to print? There are just too many variables when it comes to moving targets...How fast the popper falls, the way activator cable is set up, the swinger itself. There is just no way it could be set up "exactly" the same every time. :wacko:

Swingers in a classifier. That is not a level playing field.

I've seen some really fast and some really slow swingers

I can see a new word invention on the horizon.

"classbaggers"

The first time I saw this I shuttered.

Then after seeing the swingers at the Tri State. Some were very fast. I decided that most clubs probably will never run this classifier because of the variables.

I agree though what was USPSA thinking. Are they going to come around and set up the swingers for the clubs so that they are all set up the same and the same speed.

I agree, this one has too many variables. When I first saw the classifier I looked at it from the perspective of a dot shooter. I know I can draw to the popper, put two in T1, then shoot both swingers before they disappear after the first appearance with our club's props. The problem is, how fast do the swingers trigger (will you be waiting instead of shooting), and how much horizontal gun movement from one swinger to the other (width of wall)? For shooters who can't shoot that fast, the score will be determined by the speed of the swingers.

Even if we could set this up consistently, I am betting we would have really good scores and really bad scores (waiting for the second appearance) with nothing in the middle.

Unless USPSA sends out a notice to pull the classifier, we will shoot it next month and I'll let you know how it goes.

I agree Ron. It looks like a stage that master class and higher will do fine on, while most below will trash it while waiting on the next set. If you have slower swingers

My concern comes from the clubs that have extremely fast swinger.

Unless USPSA sends out a notice to pull the classifier, we will shoot it next month and I'll let you know how it goes.

How can you even begin to set this up? You'll have to use "the I guess this is the way they wanted" method. Do you have MGM swingers or ones that can be set to the requred pre-activated state? Are you going to set them slow and lazy or lightning fast? Well if you do set it up and pull it off it will be interesting what percentages come back from sedro.

I spoke with the club president tonight and we both agree that we can't set the classifier up with total certainty, but you guys already knew that. What I was talking about is setting the classifier up with the SWAG method and see if Sedro actually processes the classifiers and keeps the scores. That;s not fair to the shooters and I admit to exhibiting poor judgement.

TOE is right, there's no way to do this correctly so why bother? The classifier is a steaming pile of crap (stole that) and it is sure to undergo revision. BTW, we already shot one classifier that had no-shoots overlaying scoring targets with no description of how to line the borders up. The position was pretty obvious from the picture, but still...

• 3 weeks later...