Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lone Wolf G35 Slide

W_Buck

I'm thinking about building a G35 top end using a Lone Wolf slide. I already have a G34, so a quick swap of the ejector, mags and slide gives me a limited gun. I'm wondering about the quality and durability of the sildes. Anyone here have one? How well has it held up? Thanks.

No. I was going to pick a Storm Lake barrel.

Thankfully, all Glock slides are built to the same dimensions so its easier to manufacture drop in barrels that run with no gunsmithing. Too bad they cant say the same thing about the frames, but thats another topic. I would say with a fair amount of confidence to go ahead and get one and run it till you puke.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one I ordered, built, and used for a potential open class pistol. It was drilled and tapped by LWD to mount a Burris fastfire holographic sight.

I have only shot around 500 rounds through mine, but am generally satisfied.

Unfortunately, I lost interest in open class and am selling my CCF raceframe as well as the slide.

if you are interested, PM me and I can send photographs.

Thanks for the info. Did either of you have to do any special mods to make the slide run or was it good to go right out of the box?

I have had several Lone Wolf slides with a good bit of success. There are a few things you should know about Lone Wolf slides. Out of all my LW slides not one of them had a rear dovetail sight cut that was properly dimensioned. I had to shim or peen and Loctite every rear sight. The next problem would be ejection. On all my slides I had to experiment with different extractors to get it to eject out to the side. Now that's even using the proper parts for the specific slide. So some experimenting is required. The last problem I had on a G21 longslide was peening around the the firing pin hole. It didn't break through but it was of some concern. Now that being said I shot my way into M class using a 6 inch 45 acp longslide with modified frames Storm Lake barrels and 17 round magazines. I got tired of the lower round count so I went to the G24 which has worked out great. My suggestion would be if you're going with the 35 get yourelf a stock G35 slide,and save yourelf a lot of headaches. Hope this helps.

I have a G35 LWD slide paired w/ Glock oem barrel. It keeps breaking oem extractor claws in less than 100 rnds of maj .40 per extractor that I decided to just make it a paper weight. I suspect the angle of the extractor is a bit off that the stress is not evenly distributed along the claw.

I had the same problem. I was at the distributors for Lone Wolf products in Mass looking for some slides that were seconds etc. Someone there told me some of the extractor holes were not in spec. You can try to match up the extractor holes with a stock Glock 35 slide. You also may be able to modify the hole to make the extractor work. I had the same problem and had to elongate the extractor hole slightly and it fixed the problem. Give it a close look you may actually see the problem. Hope this helps

I had the same problem. I was at the distributors for Lone Wolf products in Mass looking for some slides that were seconds etc. Someone there told me some of the extractor holes were not in spec. You can try to match up the extractor holes with a stock Glock 35 slide. You also may be able to modify the hole to make the extractor work. I had the same problem and had to elongate the extractor hole slightly and it fixed the problem. Give it a close look you may actually see the problem. Hope this helps

Thank you. Will try it.