Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

11# vs 10# recoil spring...

justaute

I had SS 75 that with a 11lb spring I had to cut coils off to get it to sit on the guide-rod without a bunch of "snaking" (SS75's are "old school" with no guide-rod hole up front). Think I took like 4 coils off to get it to sit/work right; felt like it ended up maybe as soft as a 9lb spring... Shooting factory 115gr stuff it was just awesome, flat as hell, like a freaking stapler, good fun. YMMV, try it...

I switched to a Shadow after shooting an M&P Pro for a year in production. I found that with the heavier CZ and an 11# spring I was allowing the barrel to dip after the first shot and my followup would be lower every time. I switched to a 10# and it took care of the problem pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there anything to this setup?

http://www.dpmsystemsusa.com/

I've tried the DPM system, my curiosity got the better of me. I found that it minimized recoil some with heavier bullets (tested with Bayou Bullets 160gr and N320). It wasn't a huge difference but I would rather use it over the #10 or #11 springs. It just felt better. However with BB 135gr and N320 I liked the #10 spring better. It seemed like with the lighter bullets it would have more of a back and sling shot forward motion with DPM and the regular springs just feel nicer.

I don't use the DPM at all now, I can give you a good deal on it if you'd like :)