Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Lancer Rifle Match Topton PA

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big thanks to Dean and his crew. Awesome match and well worth the drive up from VA. Had a great day rock'n and roll'n with squad 4!

Tim, it was nice meeting you and Cassio. Very true, great bunch of guys in squad 4. Nice shooting! Now if I could only figure out that lower pit ;)- I think I'll call it match killer for me instead of stage six... lol

Jeremy

Awesome match! Personally had 5 great stages & learned some new things on the 6th stage. Can't wait till next year.

Maybe you can share what you learned on stage six since I missed it.

My 6th stage was stage 5 & I learned the importance of good mental preparedness, even on an easy stage.

I was super happy and surprised to get 2nd place in Limited with my SBR. My little 10.5" barrel wasn't the handicap that I thought it would be.

Did you use a red dot or irons? If a red dot, which one? I use a aimpoint micro. I felt it worked well even with a 4 moa dot at 200 yards.

I was super happy and surprised to get 2nd place in Limited with my SBR. My little 10.5" barrel wasn't the handicap that I thought it would be.

Did you use a red dot or irons? If a red dot, which one? I use a aimpoint micro. I felt it worked well even with a 4 moa dot at 200 yards.

Trijicon TriPower.

Edited by sousa

Trijicon TriPower.

Interesting, I was just looking at them. How do you feel it compares to a standard red dot?

I've been using one since 2006 and love it. Super clear glass and I really like the chevron reticle. Some of the guys in my squad were having problems with their dots washing out in the sun glare on stage 6. I had no issues with it. Really the only downside has to do with the battery. Battery life sucks if you do a lot of night shooting. Another issue is that It uses 1/3N batteries which can be a pain in the butt to find sometimes. It's also a bit overpriced now since it hasnt been updated more than once since it first came out. If it had better battery life, it would definitely be one of the better dot style optics out there.

Thanks again to Dean. The payouts at Topton are always pretty awesome. But speaking of awesome ... how cool is it that LANCER provided enough prizes for everyone to go home with something? Pretty damn cool in my book. As part of the Lancer Team it's just as exciting as it is humbling to be part of a sport where both competitors & manufacturers give so much back to the sport. Special thanks to Dean not only for running a good match but for running a great program at Topton, the RO's, people that stepped in as score keepers, all the people that helped set up & tear down this match, & to Lancer for being a great sponsor.

Looking forward to shooting with you all in 2013!

Any chance anyone found a black CED 7000 timer with black buttons on what I think was stage 2 or 3. I remember taking it out to use and it having no batteries and then putting it back in my bag (I think) and that the was last time I ever saw it.

It looks like this, and had the belt clip attached.

ced7000_shot_timers_ced7000_tactical_model.jpg

I think someone already claimed that one, but we will check. JJ nuttleman, dan goodwin, Jimmy shue

I can't send checks until I get a full address.

pm me address so I can get the checks out. unless you want me to donate it to the kids lego star wars fund.