Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Harassment by another shooter

Steve Moneypenny

I would have got really angry by such behaviour from another competitor.

Either he's a RO and has the power to make a call, or he can advice about something that happened, then STFU.

But I've been on the other side of the road too (http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=108724) and got p@§§#d off the same.

Unfortunately, no. Too many opportunities for errors in judgement--that's what the RO/SO is there for.

Man, that's exactly the opposite of what Jay Worden told us in our Level I RO class back in ... 1996 or so. I obviously can quote his exact words, but he said that if you see something like that, you yell "Stop!" whether you're the RO or not.

Is this an opinion thing, or are you giving us the NROI policy?

I don't see how there is room for error in judgement when you're uprange in the squad and you clearly see the end of the muzzle pointed at you or someone else. I'm not talking about a close call on a 180 break, but a gun pointed UP range at people.

Sounds like we played out the original topic, so I'll close this.

Rhino, I think what Jay might have been saying was it you were an RO working the match (but, not THE RO on the stage) then you should speak up. That is the message I got from Arnie in our Level I class anyway.

I don't think we want competitors yelling stuff out while thier competition is shooting.

(Feel free to start another thread devoted to discussing this.)