Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR speed revolver holster

slflr

Bob, I don't know why you couldn't. You might need to make a new muzzle cup attachment or shim the trigger guard area, but it should work.

I got to play with the new Revo Holster that Double Alpha (Saul Kirsch) is marketing. Wow, it is a tank, and the gun pops in and out smoothly. I will be getting one to try this fall.

I have been using the Double Alpha for about a year now and it is worth the money. The one that I use has the interchangable block that you can change to fit what gun you are shooting. They now sell one just made for the model gun you are shooting and it is a lot cheaper in cost. I tried the CR and it just did not work for me.

I have a CR speed holster that I use for Bianchi and PPC. Set for the six inch barrel length I can change back and forth between my 617 and my 686 by just changing the crown plug. I made one by carving down one of the extras that were provided in a parts bag. The 617 is much cheaper to shoot.

Also check out Warrens universal holster from Protocol Design. He is one of the vendors here, a long time revolver shooter and excellent to deal with.

+1 on the racemaster. Interchangable blocks so it fits several different guns. The lock is also much more secure and simple/fast to disengage for the odd starts ie sitting in chair, laying on "bed" etc. The CR speed has been known to have guns knocked out even when locked

+1 on the racemaster. Interchangable blocks so it fits several different guns. The lock is also much more secure and simple/fast to disengage for the odd starts ie sitting in chair, laying on "bed" etc. The CR speed has been known to have guns knocked out even when locked

Yes, even locked if you give a firm pull you can pull through the lock tab. When walking I keep my finger on the lock toggel and my thumb on the gun pinching slightly. I do love the holster though, it's very adjustable.

Edited by toothguy

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to mention the Hoeppner & Schumann Speed Sec holster can be used with a K. L or N framed revolver in any caliber, including 22LR. The Speed Sec does nothave a pportrusion for the barrel. It only holds using the trigger guard - very securely.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone currently importing the H&S Speed Sec? Thanks. Paulie686.

L|

The last one I purchased was from Competitive Edge Dynamics about 18 months ago. I wanted a spare in case they ever discontinued the product. I also have one for my 1911 and for a Sig 226.