Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 Upgrade Help

ogiebb

Anybody know if conversion top ends will be available for the Stock II? I'm gonna get one, just don't know if I'll get a .40 or a 9mm (for USPSA Production.) I've got plenty of competition ready 9mm's, so I lean toward .40 on this one...but if I knew I would be able to get a 9mm conversion in case I don't like shooting .40 in Production, that makes my decision much easier (and keeps me from procrastinating the purchase.)

even if you can get the top end if the gun came as a 40 putting a 9mm top end on it is illegal for USPSA Production division. I know the frame is the same and the only way to tell is the serial number, it comes up in referance to GLOCKs regularly and the NROI has said no.

Mike

I agree... but how can they police that rule on Tanfoglio pistols?... on glocks and i believe CZ's they have serial #'s on the slide and frame on tanfoglio pistols it only has a serial # on the frame and nothing in the slide.

There are many rules that are hard to police but they are still the rules

Mike

Anybody know if conversion top ends will be available for the Stock II? I'm gonna get one, just don't know if I'll get a .40 or a 9mm (for USPSA Production.) I've got plenty of competition ready 9mm's, so I lean toward .40 on this one...but if I knew I would be able to get a 9mm conversion in case I don't like shooting .40 in Production, that makes my decision much easier (and keeps me from procrastinating the purchase.)

even if you can get the top end if the gun came as a 40 putting a 9mm top end on it is illegal for USPSA Production division. I know the frame is the same and the only way to tell is the serial number, it comes up in referance to GLOCKs regularly and the NROI has said no.

Mike

I agree... but how can they police that rule on Tanfoglio pistols?... on glocks and i believe CZ's they have serial #'s on the slide and frame on tanfoglio pistols it only has a serial # on the frame and nothing in the slide.

There are many rules that are hard to police but they are still the rules

Mike

I agree...

Mike

He could just get a gun off the approved production gun list in 9mm, then get a 40 conversion kit for limited. That would keep everyone happy and I think he would be perfectly competitive with something like a Stock II or Limited Pro.

EAA said they'd email me when/if coversion top ends for the Stock II were available...guessing they aren't going to remember me/that, given they've got enough going on just trying to get the guns here. I've not been able to get my hands on a Stock II yet.

Just go look at all the common gun web sights and put yourself on a list to be emailed when they are back in stock. That's what I did, and when I get the email, I compared prices and bought one. Thew whole shipment apparently went out to all the different distributors within a day or two and they all sold out in a day or two, so being on the list is what helped me snag one at least. It was my first time going through grabagun.com and i was pleased with price and service.