Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Puerto Rico beats USA

Nemo

Larry Browm may be coaching a group of dream players, but he doesn't have a team.

Read more about it here.

PUR upcoming schedule:

Aug 17: Lithuania

Aug 19: Angola

Aug 21: Australia (what say ye, Uncle Vinny?) ;)

Aug 23: Greece

We'll see how my "paisanos" do!

Cheers!

I think just about anyone in the US could have predicted that the US men's b-ball team wouldn't make it. What you have is the biggest collection of self-absorbed, egotistical, spoiled crybabbies ever assembled. Sure, individualy they might be good, but they don't know the meaning of or understand the concept of "team".

i still remember the real dream team. Michael Jordan, scottie pippen, karl malone, isaiah thomas, charles barkley, clyde drexler, dominique wilkins, larry bird, etc. with them it was an average of 50 points per game lead

Watching that game yesterday was about the only time I have EVERY cheered against my countrymen. The whole professionals in the olymics thing just stinks. But this is the "like" forum so I won't go there. ;)

I really like having 5 or is it 6 channels of Oly coverage. Nice variety and getting to see some stuff I haven't seen before. The badminton guys about wore me out just watching.

I'm desperately trying to find a way to convince the Brazilian Beach Volleyball team to take up IPSC shooting. I already have a COF in mind - it involves lots of mud, the Swedish Bikini Team and ...... :wub:

Hmmm. Maybe we just need a DJ spinning Beach Boys discs at our major matches? Ba-ba-ba, ba-ba-bra-ann ........... :P

Now what the heck is going on here?! Today Puerto Rico lost to Lithuania 98-90. Seems my fellow Islanders got to comfy after beating the NBA SuperStars... :angry:

Hey Vince, your countrymen kicked the entrails out of the Angolans, 83-59. WOW!! :o

Oh well... back to Brazilian Female Beach Volleyball :wub:

Hey Vince, your countrymen kicked the entrails out of the Angolans, 83-59.  WOW!! :o

Maybe, but I'm dying here, man. This watching TV from 1:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m., then hanging in there for the other highlights at 9:00 a.m., then needing a cold shower right after watching the beach volleyball, then pretending to do some work ............. oh hell, I'm way to old for this shit, but it's only every four years, right?

Of course there's also the Football World Cup and the Rugby World Cup and the Cricket World Cup in intervening years. Oh yeah, there's also something about (how you say?) Plac-ti-kal Shoe-ting, yes? :rolleyes:

I think I'll just become a professional couch potato - the money sucks but, dammit, these Cheezos, Peanut Butter sandwiches, Oreos, endless cups of espresso and smoking lots of cigarettes is sooooo good for me ....