Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Basketball: Puerto Rico resoundly beats the USA by 92 to 73.

Swimming: South Africa kicks Australian and American ass in the Men's 4x100m relay (and sets a new world record to boot).

Ouch ........ but sincere congratulations to the victors - you gave it your best, and the results speak for themselves.

And this is just the beginning!

Paul,

Contrary to popular belief, removing a shooting discipline has more to do with popularity (read spectators and therefore $$$), than anything else.

As much as we all love our sport, it's tough competing against Beach Volleyball or Synchronised Swimming on a purely "crowd pleasing" basis.

I'm with Ivan...go classic or go new design w/o the head. I know USPSA gets a kikback from the official target and IPSC gets a kikback from the classic but that shouldn't be a deciding factor.

The shooter who shot someone elses target....big Dooooh!

I'm sitting here laughing at my post with a uspsa turner on the signature line...Doh!

Leave the sport alone. The Olympics is a dead issue. They have "Sports" that are judged not scored.

We are not a good spectator sport. We never will be. Skeet and Trap, you can see the targets break, all other types of shooting require someone to go look and total up the points. Even archery, there is an Arrow sticking into a target. THe crowd sees the miss or the hit.

If the Olympics returned to its martial roots, we might stand a chance, but ass it is, paintball has a better chance of getting in than we do. Again, it is crowd appeal that rules. Let's face facts, we in our shooting gear don't compare to a few nicely toned women playing beach volleyball in bikinis.

Jim

Let's face facts, we in our shooting gear don't compare to a few nicely toned women playing beach volleyball in bikinis.

and the Understatement of the Year award goes to.... JIM NORMAN! :lol:

Seriously though, I have taken quite a few non-shooters and / or non-competitive shooters to USPSA matches and they were all entertained. But then again most things are better live so that may be a factor when considering TV ratings. If we could get IPSC in, even as an exhibition event, it would be a major accomplishment.

-ld