Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pulled the Trigger

Got Juice?

Well. After yet another catastrophic failure with high end gun, I am now switching horses.

STI Apeiro is coming soon!

I must say it is a bitter pill though. I dislike the balance of STI/SVI Pistols. The glass filled grip is too light and places too much mass that also reciprocates above the grip of the shooter.

Honestly, the last STI EDGE I tried felt no better than a Glock in that regards. Plus the ridiculously oversized STI Mags and grip.... Really? Why so big compared to a CZ Tactical Sport?

But my last gun failed me at the worst time. A state-level match :(

From a philosophical standpoint, it's easier to swallow an equipment failure over a 10.6, but not by much.

So.... I thought what the heck. Just try the Aperio out and see. Can't be any worse than the last gun who's barrel lugs decided to shear and peen themselves to a solid locked state just 4 stages away from completing the shoot.

Caspian all steel , supposedly new mags are good to go, and Springfield double stack good stuff if you can find em ck with rich at canyon creek . Or just just learn to shoot your new Sti .

I like my Caspian, but had to send the mags off to be tuned before it would run reliably.

I must say it is a bitter pill though. I dislike the balance of STI/SVI Pistols. ...

If you don't like the balance of s*i guns, why order one?

Did you read the entire post? My other gun died. And it's the second time, second gun from this manufacturer.

Sometimes ya gotta change horses. Especially after driving 12 hours to a match, gas, hotels, meals.... And have a gun with under 5k rounds pack it in.

I've shot STI/SVI guns. Both open and standard. Other than balance they shoot well, and seem to be fairly reliable.

I have to do something. Not completing aatch like that is very frustrating.

Caspian all steel , supposedly new mags are good to go, and Springfield double stack good stuff if you can find em ck with rich at canyon creek . Or just just learn to shoot your new Sti .

I like my Caspian, but had to send the mags off to be tuned before it would run reliably.

I was under the impression that the latest ones were good. Is that not the case?

I must say it is a bitter pill though. I dislike the balance of STI/SVI Pistols. ...

Did you read the entire post? My other gun died. And it's the second time, second gun from this manufacturer.

Sometimes ya gotta change horses. Especially after driving 12 hours to a match, gas, hotels, meals.... And have a gun with under 5k rounds pack it in.

I've shot STI/SVI guns. Both open and standard. Other than balance they shoot well, and seem to be fairly reliable.

There are other guns that balance differently and dont chew themselves into a pile of parts, just saying .

There are other guns that balance differently and dont chew themselves into a pile of parts, just saying .

I hear ya. I'm just feeling a little chapped about my gun that machined itself to death.

And on the other hand, feeling excited about the new gun, and a little bit concerned about balance. But time will tell.

I was under the impression that the latest ones were good. Is that not the case?

Maybe the 9's run OK, but my .40 wouldn't. The chrome mags were about 90%, the blue mags weren't even close.

I've got an old Springfield double stack metal grip under an STI SDC that Rich Built....other than hard to find parts for the para mags and the Heini sights, I really love the gun

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b306/wackett/918886be.jpg

I dislike the balance of STI/SVI Pistols. The glass filled grip is too light and places too much mass that also reciprocates above the grip of the shooter.

Honestly, the last STI EDGE I tried felt no better than a Glock in that regards. Plus the ridiculously oversized STI Mags and grip.... Really? Why so big compared to a CZ Tactical Sport?

Why not just switch to a CZ Tactical Sport then?

I dislike the balance of STI/SVI Pistols. The glass filled grip is too light and places too much mass that also reciprocates above the grip of the shooter.

Why not just switch to a CZ Tactical Sport then?

I really thought hard about it. I'm just a little shy of the action right now. That old expression of 'once bitten' comes to mind. And in my case, make that twice bitten.

In any case, I will try to keep an open mind and forget what I am shooting and be objective about it.

I played with a couple practice 145 point stages, and did 'el presidente with an STI Edge.

Hit factor was a decent 3.99 60/60 with it. So it's not impossible.

I really thought hard about it. I'm just a little shy of the action right now. That old expression of 'once bitten' comes to mind. And in my case, make that twice bitten. In any case, I will try to keep an open mind and forget what I am shooting and be objective about it. I played with a couple practice 145 point stages, and did 'el presidente with an STI Edge. Hit factor was a decent 3.99 60/60 with it. So it's not impossible.

What bit you on the CZ? Also, you call a 15HF on El Presidente decent? Who are you, Jarrett, Butler, Jonasson, Smith.....?

Edited by PKT1106

I really thought hard about it. I'm just a little shy of the action right now. That old expression of 'once bitten' comes to mind. And in my case, make that twice bitten. In any case, I will try to keep an open mind and forget what I am shooting and be objective about it. I played with a couple practice 145 point stages, and did 'el presidente with an STI Edge. Hit factor was a decent 3.99 60/60 with it. So it's not impossible.

What bit you on the CZ? Also, you call a 15HF on El Presidente decent? Who are you, Jarrett, Butler, Jonasson, Smith.....?

3.99 hit factor is not great IMHO.

on the CZ action the barrel lug decided to Peen over, which locked the gun solid. Slide pin did not shear (usually the first sign of trouble with these guns)

Hence the change :)

3.99 hit factor is not great IMHO.

on the CZ action the barrel lug decided to Peen over, which locked the gun solid. Slide pin did not shear (usually the first sign of trouble with these guns)

Hence the change :)

I think the confusion was that 3.99 was your hit factor, not time. 60 points and 3.99 time gives a 15+ HF for 100% classifer in Limited.

Well its not that complicated it's like a glock shooter switching to a 1911 despite knowing that a 1911 might take a little more tuning to get it to run right. Or on the other end a 1911 shooter switching to a glock hey he might not like the grip angle or the weight but loves the fact that he can pull the trigger and pretty much count on it shooting. There is no such thing as a perfect gun, you find a gun that you can get comfortable with and learn to love. I say shoot it and in time you'll pick up another gun and be saying you don't like the balance of it but love how your STI feels.