Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bad Ass Diesel tune

Merlin Orr

Last I checked diesels are still obd/i. If the check engine light isn't on and the "monitors" have all passed it should be good to go. My VW diesel is chipped and I've never had a problem passing emissions. They don't do any kind of sniff test just the ECU check.

Just don't over do the torque and grenade the rest of the drive train and/or head gaskets.

I did the 4". The tech guy said unless you really do the full race deal with bigger turbos and etc. the 5" would only give you more noise. I did the full turbo back and removed all the "excess" parts from the engine too... Not to loud and sounds really nice.

It will absolutely melt the tires through 3rd gear with the traction control turned off....

Mine is the 6.4 - an 2008 truck...

I have been told the 6.7 set up the same way is a monster .....

Edited by Merlin Orr

Years ago when I was a Dodge Tech we had the Cummins guy come in and give us a clinic on the Diesel Tune that they recommended. It was still a grey area as to whether or not it affected the warranty, but damn, with the stock exhaust we were able to add over 100 hp and 200 ft lbs of torque. It was amazing how "detuned" these things came from the factory. This was in the day before you could remap the computer so basically we advanced the pump timing and gave it more boost. Had some sick trucks in the area back then.

I did the 4". The tech guy said unless you really do the full race deal with bigger turbos and etc. the 5" would only give you more noise. I did the full turbo back and removed all the "excess" parts from the engine too... Not to loud and sounds really nice.

It will absolutely melt the tires through 3rd gear with the traction control turned off....

keep an eye on your tranny and egt

And head bolts

And head bolts

Probably need to put a milder tune in it. Of course I went with the hottest one I could load. Supposed to be around 575 HP and 1250 FT Lbs of torque with what I have loaded....

I've yet to find a tune that can get mine over 1500*.

I sure can black out a 4 lane highway long before it ever get hot, at least with nothing in the truck.

Normal?

Y'all southerners/rednecks do love yor trucks. Tough to talk with a southern accent. :D

You have a possum as an avatar and you talk to ME about rednecks...? devil.gif

That's not a possum. He's a UKC registered, crosseyed, inbred, shorthaired redneck puppy. Stud services are available. :D

Y'all southerners/rednecks do love yor trucks. Tough to talk with a southern accent. :D

You have a possum as an avatar and you talk to ME about rednecks...? devil.gif

That's not a possum. He's a UKC registered, crosseyed, inbred, shorthaired redneck puppy. Stud services are available. :D

Mmmmm... Dem Redneck Puppies is gooood eatin!!! :goof:

I sure can black out a 4 lane highway long before it ever get hot, at least with nothing in the truck.

Normal?

1500 seems a lot-o-bit hot if you're holding it for any length of time.

~Mitch

Normal?

1500 seems a lot-o-bit hot if you're holding it for any length of time.

~Mitch

IF you are not towing I don't think temps are going to be worrisome... It takes but a short time to be waaayy over the speed limit.. As to tearing out the trans it might be a problem but, again if you are not towing or loaded up, you are going to skate the tires BAD if you don't go easy on the throttle....