Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Boeshield T9

George

I have been trying out a product called “Boeshield T9“ for the last few weeks on a tip from Phil Strader about using it to clean fired brass by wiping it instead of tumbling it. He advised just wiping fired cases with a rag stained with Boeshield T9 until until they are clean, and then just loading them.

I tried it on a small handfull of once fired Starline 9x21 cases. It didn’t take a lot of effort (I used enough Boeshield to well saturate the cloth I used). After just a little wiping they were clean and quickly became dry to touch after the carrier evaporated. After that they ran through my 550 press like they were lubed (I normally load all my straightwall pistol cases dry. Yeah, I know about One Shot. I just don’t use it).

I also tried putting a couple shots of T9 into a tumbler full of loaded .223 ammo that was getting a quick cleanup. After a couple minutes they came out a little brighter than they were before and real slick, but dry to the touch (Boeshield leaves a thin wax like film). They functioned perfectly in a recent match and after the carrier evaportated, the wax film it left did not attract dust like silicone treated ammo will. I think I am going to stop silicone wiping match ammo in favor of using a little Boeshield T9 in the last tumble pass and just boxing it on up.

Boeshield T9 is also perfect for wiping down guns, tools, presses, saw blades, etc, after using them. I live in the Pacific Northwest right on the coast and metal maintenance is an everyday fact of life. Lube it, or lose it! The longterm results are not in yet, but I think this stuff is gonna replace my normal PITA way of treating metal objects I value. It’s down to spray and wipe and stow with this stuff.

I disassembled my old RCBS powder measure and coated it thoroughly with Boeshield and then wiped till dry and reassembled it. It removed all the little rust spots internally where I was afraid to lube it for fear of powder gumup and had always used steel wool to occasionally clean it up. After loading 100 .270 rifle rounds with a fine ball powder, it had accumulated no powder dust and dumped charges just as well as before and felt a bit smoother to boot.

I have also tried it on door locks, padlocks, hinges, hasps, etc, and it’s a winner there compared to the powdered graphite and the BreakFree/LPS type lubes I had been using to keep my metallic security hardware working well in this foggy coastal environment.

All in all, this stuff get’s 5 stars. I will unhesitatingly recommend it for any use where you would normally use a spray silicone, or silicone cloth, an LPS type penetrating lube, powdered graphite, or even cosmoline :-)

Heck, I’m still finding uses for it. I am going to try it in one of my pistols and report back after some range time.

http://www.boeshield.com/

--

Regards,

Tumbling brass for me took much longer than my routine now. I lay an old shirt flat, lay about 100 or so pieces of brass down on it, spray a light coat over them, and throw them in the reloader. I can take care of about 400 pieces in 2 minutes. I don't have the patience to wait for that darn tumbler anymore!

Impatient,

Phil

Tumbling brass for me took much longer than my routine now.  I lay an old shirt flat, lay about 100 or so pieces of brass down on it, spray a light coat over them, and throw them in the reloader.  I can take care of about 400 pieces in 2 minutes.  I don't have the patience to wait for that darn tumbler anymore! 

Impatient,

Phil

Phil,

Are you using the aresol version or the pump spray? That 1 gallon jug looks like a pretty good value.

i will give it a try, how well does it clean fired brass? does it make em shiney again like the tumbler? also what about brass thats been marked with a sharpie? does it remove the ink as well?

Harmon

Howdy All,

Just a point here. I am not specifically advocating Boeshield T9 for cleaning fired cases, but I did try it and it works exactly as as Phil Strader said it would.

My main recommendation has more to do with it being an excellent moisture displacing and corrosion preventing lubricant than it does with it being a case cleaner.

I believe that Boeshield T9 is just about the best metal protector I have ever come across. I am continuing to find more uses for it and consider the case cleaning aspect to be only one of the myriad uses this product can be put to.

Boeshield T9 is not a one trick pony by any means.

--

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...