Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MP3 downloading

I got a $160- Creative MuVo MP3 player for my anniversary to use in the gym and I don't have a clue about what is a good site to down load music from. Good site as in: nice price, good selection, and most importantly good use instructions.

Suggestions?

• 10 months later...
Guest Larry Cazes
Use a Peer 2 Peer, and download all the songs you want for free.

Forget paying a dollar a song.

HA HA HA! Pay for the music now or maybe have to pay for an Attorney later. Since the start of last year the RIAA has filed more than 4000 lawsuits with individual P2P users concerning FREE downloading of music.

Use a Peer 2 Peer, and download all the songs you want for free.

Forget paying a dollar a song.

HA HA HA! Pay for the music now or maybe have to pay for an Attorney later. Since the start of last year the RIAA has filed more than 4000 lawsuits with individual P2P users concerning FREE downloading of music.

I know where you can get an attorney, but she won't be cheap....and she's a southpaw...

michaels

• 1 month later...
Come on...don't be afraid!!

If you can't get it in the P2P stuff then, get it in a newsgroup

Just make sure both your antivirus and firewall are up to snuff.

Really, what are you looking for and who do you use for your email? Newsgroups are a good way to go but I haven't had much luck with them. I'm using Limewire and it works wonders, but it's P2P. Get a copy of Musicmatch and rip all of the stuff you already have. Then borrow friends cd's that you don't have and rip them.

Legal and low cost....allofmp3.com It's a Russian website. Use paypal or your e-credit card to establish a balance. Then you can start downloading. The cost is per megabyte so the quality you select determines your price. For CD quality, it's about .02 per MB. Once you have an account established, low quality previews are free so you can listen to everything before you buy.

Russian pay to download site? I would wonder if the stuff there is rights compliant in the first place. My guess iis that you are just paying another pirate to get stuff that is just as illegal to have in your posession as P2P grabbed music is.

No matter what they say, it's not a certainty that anything is true on a foreign commerce site.

Just because you pay a 3rd party doesn't mean the 3rd party isn paying the artists/licensors.

--

Regards,

Can't use iTunes w/ his creative - it's a different encryption.

I don't condone stealing music -

So the alternatives are any of the reputable names out there: Yahoo, MSN, Wal-Mart.com, Napster etc. etc.

J

If you need to use iTunes downloaded material on other machines, burn a CD and re-rip it back in as plain old MP3. The protection code in the AAC format won't survive the burn and re-rip.

If you just need to convert som,ething from the AAC format in iTunes (like AIFF for instance), follow the following instructions I wrote for an FAQ on that.

Q: How can I convert an MP3 to AAC in iTunes?

A: After a song file is in iTunes, make sure MP4 (AAC), or whatever format you wish to convert to is selected as the import format in iTunes preferences. Then select the song in the iTunes main Library and in the Advanced menu at the top of the screen will be an option to convert to AAC (or whatever format you set in iTunes preferences). A copy of the file in the new format will be created. The original file will also be left in place so you will now have a duplicate in the iTunes Library.

To get the song out of iTunes in AIFF (or whatever), just drag it to the desktop. Voila, instant AIFF (or whatever) from iTunes AAC (M4A) format.

--

Regards,