Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How did that get there?

DavidG34

Hello, I have a story about a crazy incedent that happened to me at a match this weekend.

I was the on deck shooter so i was standing behind the start position watching the shooter before me. When he started shooting i saw and felt a brass casing fly back and bounce off my gun or holster. I looked down but did not see it so i shrugged it off.

The stage was an unloaded gun on barrel start so when it was my turn i placed my gun on the barrel and placed my mag next to it.

on the start signal i picked up the gun,loaded the mag in the magwell,racked the slide and pulled the trigger on the first round and click. the slide looked out of battery so i hit the back of the slide and tryed again. I looked again and there was an empty case sticking out of the ejection port. It was the 38 super case from the shooter before. the magwell of my gun was facing away from the shooter but it some how bounced right in there.

Unbelievable :surprise:

So, you had the slide forward and the magwell was facing away from the shooter? Sounds like we have a "magic casing" theory....to go along with our "huge guy" theory and our "serial crusher" theory.

Edited by PKT1106

• 4 months later...

At unload and show clear, the round I ejected somehow fell into my bladetech holster. Now my gun wont secure in the holster, adult hands are too big to reach in and get it...how do you get it out? Hand your gun to the RO and jump up and down trying to "bounce" it out. Imagine how silly I felt and you've never seen 12 grown men laugh so hard...a good advertisement for race holsters! Thank God no one was filming.

• 3 weeks later...

This is why I put a large hole in the bottom of my Kydex. On a really windy day, I was shooting plates and a small rock ended up off the berm somehow and into my holster. My pistol wouldn't seat and it felt really awkward. I couldn't get my hand in there, so I locked it open and went to the safety area. (I was shooting alone.) Now I drill a hole and use a die grinder to make a hole large enough for a rock to get out.. And yes, the DG at the range will fly in 25-30mph winds. And yes, when you have to wait for it to not be windy in the desert to shoot, you get tired of waiting and shoot in the wind anyway..

• 3 months later...

adult hands are too big to reach in and get it...how do you get it out?

This is why you make sure you are squaded with the cute Lady shooters (amoung other reasons). You slide right over to one of them and say, can you help me out? I am not kidding, I have done just this with loose rounds in the bottom of a mag pouch. Don't have any cute Lady shooters at your match? Shame on you!

adult hands are too big to reach in and get it...how do you get it out?

This is why you make sure you are squaded with the cute Lady shooters (amoung other reasons). You slide right over to one of them and say, can you help me out? I am not kidding, I have done just this with loose rounds in the bottom of a mag pouch. Don't have any cute Lady shooters at your match? Shame on you!

A better plan is to get the RO to drop a piece of brass into *her* holster.