Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

380, any one loading 380?

primo86gt

I have been using 95gr rn Rainer copper plated with 2.9gr of win 231, wondering if it is still the best powder for the 380? Need to run a new batch..

I used up my 231 and am wondering if I should try something else? Shooting mostly from Walther PP and PPK..

I load .380 for a LCP (started back last year when factory ammo was unobtainable).

I use a 100 grain cast-lead bullet, and have experiemented with various powders.

Acc#5 is what I usually load, it is a light load for practice. I've even experimented with Solo 1000.

Very low velocities on my reloads, for easy practice.

I have not tried to duplicate the velocity from any factory loads.

(Coincidentally, I just bought a Walther PPK/s, so I might start experimenting with faster loads in .380)

.380 is a easy caliber to load. Only issue is watch for setback with Jacketed bullets. Load a round an push it hard against the bench.

Besides that I have used Solo1000 and Power Pistol in .380. Kinda prefer the PP because it's a little snappier and just feels right.

The other day I went into the local store, looked at a reloading manual and found a load for Titegroup for 115gr bullets..

Now at home, my Sierra and Speer manuals don't show one and Hodgdon doesn't list one... anyoe have a recipe from a reputable source?

• 2 years later...

The good news is, if you're already loading .223 and 9mm on a Dillon (at least on the 550B), all you need to buy is dies. The caliber conversion parts for .223 are used for .380, and the powder funnel from 9mm handles .380.

So 380 bullets are .356, the same as 9mm ?? can I use 9mm bullets to make 380s and how about just resetting my 9mm dies for makeing the 380

RCBS said no......I was hoping a while back.....Clarify...Bullets-yes, dies -no......but I don't load over 100 grain bullets in 380 auto....