Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are used Benelli M1 prices crazy now

ramairthree

I am seeing over 900$ OTD at local gun stores for decent 24 / 26 inch guns.

That puts you at over 1000$ minimum with Nordic components.

A new 21 or 24 inch M2, the one with the recoil tech, not the American can be had at 1200$ OTD.

So, equally kitted out for 3 gun, maybe a 300$ difference.

I found an older HK imported M1 on gunbroker with chokes and an extra pistol grip stock for $650. They are out there, just have to hunt. I think the M2 American is a great deal. They are on sale frequently at Dick's for $800. Add the Limbsaver recoil pad, Nordic tube, and shoot it until you are ready to send it to Benny.

I found an older HK imported M1 on gunbroker with chokes and an extra pistol grip stock for $650. They are out there, just have to hunt. I think the M2 American is a great deal. They are on sale frequently at Dick's for $800. Add the Limbsaver recoil pad, Nordic tube, and shoot it until you are ready to send it to Benny.

Yes, that is another thought that was forming.

Unless the used M1 prices are better,

the M2 Americans are the same or less priced than a used M1.

what and where is a limb saver available. i am moving to a benelli and need all the help i can get. due to some injuries to my back in a ka boom at a school i was teaching, (we are a trg Company) a benelli is painful but necessary to shoot slugs it looks like.

any help is appreciated

tks

jjw

First, Benelli's kick more than most shotguns. It's the nature of an inertia operated gun. Have you considered a Mossberg 930? A little softer, and Benny Hill loves them. And cheaper. If I wasn't invested in my M1, I would definitely be serious about the 930JM model. I just don't think the Benelli will be kind to your back, even with the Limbsaver.

The Limbsaver recoil pad is available from Brownells and Midway. It is a super squishy pad that really soaks up recoil. I'm sure there is discussion here somewhere if you search for it.

I am seeing over 900$ OTD at local gun stores for decent 24 / 26 inch guns.That puts you at over 1000$ minimum with Nordic components.A new 21 or 24 inch M2, the one with the recoil tech, not the American can be had at 1200$ OTD.So, equally kitted out for 3 gun, maybe a 300$ difference.

There's a market for them now that 3-gun is becoming more popular and a lot of the well known guys shoot Benelli's. If you had a gun you could get $900 for would you sell it for $650?

CM

Whats different about the american model?

If you are refeering to the Benelli M2 American, it does not have a Comfortech stock. That is the only difference that I am aware of. I know that recoil is subjective, I shoot an M1 Super 90 and Nova pump for 3 gun, and have shot other peoples' M2s with Comfortech stocks, I can't tell much difference. Maybe it is because I have shot the pump more and am used to the recoil.

Hurley

Whats different about the american model?

If you are refeering to the Benelli M2 American, it does not have a Comfortech stock. That is the only difference that I am aware of. I know that recoil is subjective, I shoot an M1 Super 90 and Nova pump for 3 gun, and have shot other peoples' M2s with Comfortech stocks, I can't tell much difference. Maybe it is because I have shot the pump more and am used to the recoil.

Hurley

Thanks. That's a substantial price difference for a stock.

Found a used 24" M1 in excellent condition at a LSG for $625. It was gun only, no box or chokes. I got it for a back up gun, but did switch the 24" barrel to my M2(which was a 26").

I didnt realize the M1 and M2 barrels could be interchanged. Good to know