Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tiger Team?

steel1212

Brian Stricker, don't make me smack you upside the head! Do you not want Corey to know what is going on?

Corey, there is a QUARTERLY update in the Tactical Journal about where we are in the process - next one is due in all IDPA member's mailbox in the next few weeks. In every issue, Joyce talks about what teams have met/what teams are still meeting, have completed or have not met. In this issue, she will mention the items that we have pulled out of the process and up to the HQ level.

Of course, the fact that Strick delivered a HUGE list of suggestions to us at the Texas State Match may hold us up a year or two! :roflol:

Edited by Glockoholic Gal

Brian Stricker, don't make me smack you upside the head! Do you not want Corey to know what is going on?

Corey, there is a QUARTERLY update in the Tactical Journal about where we are in the process

So I was correct when I said that there has been no updates in the last few months. :sight:

LOL - technically, I guess you were. :rolleyes:

Corey, there is a QUARTERLY update in the Tactical Journal about where we are in the process

So I was correct when I said that there has been no updates in the last few months. :sight:

I guess I am in this same boat....Any news???

As pointed out, an update was done in the second quarter of the TJ that said:

"The Rules Tiger Team

continues to work on this

section of the rulebook, with a

proposed completion date of

April 30th. Since there are many

interdependencies on Rules

and other areas (Equipment,

Scoring, etc.) it is likely we

will be reconvening these

Tigers several times to make

sure these dependencies are

consistent in all areas of the

rulebook"

By this printed statement, we as SO, MD, Shooters, etc thought we might hear something by April 30th (the timeline set by HQ). It is Aug 2nd and not a peep. Now, I understand that things might not go quite as expected and there might be delays....but communication is the highway that makes or breaks the sport. IF IDPA wasn't going to make it's own timeline, a simple update statement to the membership on the "official" IDPA forum would take care of this matter. As a group, we are waiting to hear/see the progress and change and if it's ready by the IDPA timeline, great. If a product can't be delivered in the time specified.....generally, no problem as long as the customer is informed. In this case, a proposed April 30 date was set. 90 days later.....????? IDPA is a product we as a club, SO's, MD, etc "sell" to the shooting public. We are the salesmen/women. We want to support but need information.

Solartix - good question. That section of the Rulebook was completed. The rulebook will be released in its entirety when all sections are completed (I believe this was in one of Joyce's previous messages). As mentioned, we will continue to reconvene any or all of the teams as successive teams come up with questions or issues that are cross dependent. The update on that particular team (Rules) will be in the next TJ issue and it will say we are done for the moment. The updates are always in the TJ, which means they will be coming to you each quarter, so you may not hear on a specific date what has been done.

The one specific date that you WILL hear is the date that the Rulebook will be available for member comments/feedback. This date will be announced on the IDPA website, the Down Zero Forum and possibly in an email blast to IDPA members. Lots more detailed info on this in the upcoming TJ which should be coming your way in the next week or 2, so hope you make sure to read it.

That's April 30th 2014.

3 years for a rules update?!?!?!?

It was meant to be a tongue and cheek response.... As with all such statements it takes a grain (or 2) of truth to make it bite..... :D

:blush: