Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow Custom Ordered!

brbanks1

You should be!

I recently got mine and am a new pistol shooter. Shot it about 3 times and this weekend went to my first USPSA shoot. By the 6 and 7th stage, I really started to just feel comfortable with the gun.

At first when I got it, I was like "well, this is pretty ordinary" and now after shooting it a few times and participating in a match, I realize it is simply an awesome tool that really gets the job done. And that is why I love it...

You should be!

I recently got mine and am a new pistol shooter. Shot it about 3 times and this weekend went to my first USPSA shoot. By the 6 and 7th stage, I really started to just feel comfortable with the gun.

At first when I got it, I was like "well, this is pretty ordinary" and now after shooting it a few times and participating in a match, I realize it is simply an awesome tool that really gets the job done. And that is why I love it...

Thanks!! I plan on doing a full review when I receive it! this will be from a complete noobs perspective.

Congratulations. I got mine from CZ custom last Friday. Mine isn't a custom it's a standard SP-01 Shadow and I couldn't imagine it bring any better than it is now. If it is a Custom it must be unbelievable. I shot it last weekend in Production and could not believe how much better I did. You are going to be really happy.

Right on! I couldn't believe it, but the trigger actually got even better after 600-700 rounds. Smooth as silk on the custom. Mine is capable of shooting much faster then I can pull the trigger. Now you need to hit a match!

Right now the only complaint I have is that the ambi safety has rubbed a blister on to the third joint/knuckle of my index finger.

Any body else experiencing this?

Thanks

Everybody's hands (and thumbs) are different... There are two other types of safeties that can be fitted to Shadows/CZ's: besides the the 75SA-style that come on the 75SA's and Shadows which sit lower and are extended, there's the regular 75/85-style which sit higher and more low-profile to the frame, and also the Shadow "thin-safeties" like are standard on the Adam Tyc models which are Rami-style and even more low-profile to the sides of the frame...

For me, in MY hands with MY thumbs, I found that I do not like the 75SA-style safeties at all, and much preferred the feel of the 75/85-style (like how a standard SA/DA non-decock SP-01 comes), changing out the safeties on my Shadows made them much better for me. I'd like to try the thin Rami-style safeties too at some point if they are ever back in-stock to see if I like their feel even more. Seems I'm not the only one either as I've seen a few pics posted of other guy's Shadows with the safeties swapped out...

Might be worth a try..?

my hands are small enough that neither style interfere with my grip.

the thin safeties are nice and I would like to try a set.

For the time being I ended up switching everything out for the tumbler style safety set, as I like the way the safeties sit more solidly in the gun.

we have more of the thin Rami style safeties on order, so hopefully should be back in stock soon.

Edited by eerw

• 2 weeks later...

I am! I just picked one up and am shooting nothing but lead through it. It took awhile for me to figure out how to stabilize the 147gr lead bullet in the CZ. Now I'm loading 3.7gr of WST under a J&K 147gr lead 9mm bullet @ 1.14" oal. It is EXTREMELY accurate and has a soft recoil impulse.