Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shooting in a division you are not classified

I am thinking about shooting the Florida State USPSA match. I am a C limited shooter and I am thinking about shooting single stack where I do not hold a classification. Would I sign up as U or a C or something in between? I searched a little but I could not find what I was looking for and I would kind of like to sign up today. I just shot the Pro-am and they let people shoot open using their limited classification by just dropping back one classification. So,A's were B's??

I don't think the Pro-am falls under USPSA.

Though they do use classifications from USPSA and IDPA so you can shoot against others in the same class.

Edited by yoshidaex

I just shot the Pro-am and they let people shoot open using their limited classification by just dropping back one classification. So,A's were B's??

What??? Is that seriously what they did?

No, your limited class was based on your highest of eitherr prod, limited or IDPA equiv. If you did not have an open classif then they used your limited, not one lower.

The Pro-AM is not a USPSA match, so they can do what they want. In a USPSA sanctioned match, you must shoot your classification; you can't just pick one. If you are unclassified in a division, then you shoot as unclassified in that division.

Whats the purpose of identifying your classification up front? It is what it is on your account and not what you scribble on a piece of paper before a single match. Is it just for visual comparison for the day's results?

Whats the purpose of identifying your classification up front? It is what it is on your account and not what you scribble on a piece of paper before a single match. Is it just for visual comparison for the day's results?

Probably not a critical piece of info except that some shooters may want to squad up with shooters of their own general skill level, even at a local match. I can see a newer shooter wanting to shoot with C and D shooters instead of A's and M's to avoid the intimidation factor.

I can see a newer shooter wanting to shoot with C and D shooters instead of A's and M's to avoid the intimidation factor.

When I was new I always tried my best to get on the squad with the masters I would rather come in last on every stage and learn from it then win every stage with shooters of my level or below.

win every stage with shooters of my level or below.

Well, I guess if you are that good you should be shooting on the super squad every match.

The new shooters I see almost to a man want to stay away from the more seasoned(better) shooters. Some don't want to slow things down and others have a good common sense theory. They don't want to try to keep up with the better shooters until they have developed all the good safety habits. The new guys tend to try to go way too fast when they follow a master who just made a 10 second run.

Different strokes I guess.smile.gif

Well, I guess if you are that good you should be shooting on the super squad every match.

You must have misread my post, I wasnt that good at the time I could do better then most D and C shooters but was no where near Master but shooting with them increased my learning curve more then shooting with shooters at my level. How can a C class shooter get better if he only shoots with C class shooters? The masters in my area are more then happy to shoot with and offer advice to new shooters.