Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CV 2001 bowl wear

That's not normal to my CV2001. It looks as though there may have been too many cases/not enough media and left running too long.

I run mine with tons of media and most likely a few hundred cases.

Very interesting. I have some experience with plastics. Whatever the formula for that bowl is, and there are thousands of types of polymers, etc. that are used for various applications, it may may have been made with the wrong one.. I have been shipped the wrong material before. It takes a guy who REALLY pays attention to notice if the boxes are marked wrong. Sometimes it can be the color of the virgin plastic that is wrong, or the density, whatever. You would be surprised how many things get made wrong, and shipped that way. Could be Dillon doesn't even know, as their supplier is the one who probably makes the bowls for them. It can and does happen. This is why warranties are a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure they will replace it quickly but you will still be without it for a few days.

Bummer.

Just got it back, that was fast. Dillon gets two thumbs up.

:cheers:

They replaced the bowl at no charge.

I just ran 300 45 acp brass in the new bowl, I will be calling dillon in the morning. The wear is back, from what I can see the springs are the cause. All the brass is on one side and just beating the bowl to pieces. I stopped the tumbler three times to fine all the brass on one side.