Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Having to wait four months for Hockey

Pensfan

Seriously... the draft was the last big deal, aside from the start of free agency on Sunday, and the start of a nearly four month funk in the sports world.

October cannot get here fast enough!

4 months... at least, here at Montreal we will have some action to follow, signin our free agents, signing new free bird, and wait to see what the GM will do with our super power forward, the latino polar bear, Scot Gomez. If someone want it, we can trade it for a dozen of used sticks and a bucket of puck. If you add 2 chewin gum pack and a roll of tape, we give you Kaberle as a Bonus.

GO HABS GO!!!

Sounds silly, but after finished last, they only can be better!!!

Southern boy here,

Hockey? I saw some girls playing that with sticks in a field the other day. :devil:

I think you may have been watching golf.

:devil:

Definitely!

That stuff never goes away, always playing somewhere.

Whoot!!

My Pens made a huge splash today! Crosby agreed to a 12-year contract extension worth $104.4 million, effectively making him a cradle to grave Penguin!

:)

Heard/seen the news myself. Just knew after Mario took him under his wing, he was going to be a franchise player.

All NHL contracts are guaranteed... as crazy it should be... think of Gomez, Luongo, Dipietro, Yashin...

The only protection the team can get is an insurance if the player get injured...

The kid may be the best hockey player on earth, but he suffered two severe concussion... his carreer was almost over, and the next one should be the last one... so 12 years/104$ is verrrryyyyyyy long.

The Penguins cannot insure themselves against a concussion-related early retirement by franchise center Sidney Crosby, NHL sources told the Tribune-Review on Friday.

Crosby, 24, has missed all but 63 games the past two seasons because of concussion symptoms. He and the Penguins agreed to a 12-year contract worth $104.4 million — all of it guaranteed. The team will present the contract to the league Sunday for approval.

Insurance companies offer teams protection against career-ending injuries, but Crosby’s concussion history is considered a pre-existing condition. If Crosby cannot finish his contract because of a concussion-related injury, he will still be paid in full, but the Penguins would not receive assistance from an insurance policy on the deal, sources said.