Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P barrel test

I guess that goes to prove what I've been saying for years! KKM Barrels ARE better than Storm Lake Barrels. :D Not to mention the fact that S&W did some major improvements on the 'Down Low' over the past few years. Can you imagine everyone calling S&W tomorrow and demanding a 'New Style Barrel' per their lifetime warranty? I hear they went in the hole quite a bit with their 'New striker' exchange. Can you imagine if they sent out all new barrels to current M&P owners?

Edited by roostershooter

Can you imagine everyone calling S&W tomorrow and demanding a 'New Style Barrel' per their lifetime warranty? I hear they went in the hole quite a bit with their 'New striker' exchange.

It wasn't near as deep as the hole they went into when they had to recall close to ten years worth of PPK / PPK/s production.

I wonder how soon I can get my hands on one of their new barrels for my Pro 9

If you're talking about S&W giving you one ... I wouldn't hold my breath.

If you want a KKM ... give them a call.

No I am willing to buy one. My 4-5 year old factory barrel has 40K through it and could use to be replaced...

The strikers in M&P's during the first few years of production were prone to breaking. Smith redesigned the part and replaced quite a few of the bad strikers under warranty. Pretty low cost part that is easily replaced so I doubt there was much of an impact on their bottom line.

Btw, old strikers were black and the redesigned parts are silver.

Just remember the 10-8 test was a statistical sample of one for the "new" barrel, which externally looks exactly like my late 2010 barrel that shot like crap, technically speaking.. However, my KKM barrel turned my M&P into a favorite......

However, my KKM barrel turned my M&P into a favorite......

You aren't kidding. I love KKM and have become a MAJOR fan of their barrels. I took a bet, several years ago, from the owner and bought one of their barrels for a Beretta M9 that I acquired.

He bet me that I would shoot circles around the old groups using the factory barrel. Boy was he right! Ever since that time I've owned nothing but KKM barrels. I've owned several Storm Lake Barrels out of curiosity, and found them to be not much better than factory.