Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio MAP1

Xander

I don't know if there is anything in it different but it looks like the small frame 9mm classic I just did sights on.

My link

Sorry for no whole frame picture. It looks like the only difference is mine is stamped Italy not the Philippines. When I received mine the front sight dot was cut off about 1/3 the way through and shot very low. This is why I did the complete set of sights for it.

I don't know if there is anything in it different but it looks like the small frame 9mm classic I just did sights on.

My link

Sorry for no whole frame picture. It looks like the only difference is mine is stamped Italy not the Philippines. When I received mine the front sight dot was cut off about 1/3 the way through and shot very low. This is why I did the complete set of sights for it.

How does it perform so far?

After I did the sights and a trigger job its a fun gun to shoot. It is pretty accurate and has functioned with everything I have run through it from WWB to light load 100gr frangible slugs. I have shot my wife's 130 PF 147 grain loads through it also. All in all I think its a keeper. I have two Matches, in .40SW and .38 Super, so being a small frame is different, not bad just different. When I bench rested it after the sights were done it grouped well, about 2" groups at 25 yards.

• 1 year later...

It is a sweet shooter indeed, I have one of this on the way, 2 to 3 weeks from now...gee. I have fired 100 rounds already from the range and I used the same one.

It feels good, can't wait to fire my first shot of my own.