Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will M&P feed ammo loaded to 1.20"?

zhunter

It might feed it, but how are you going to fit them in the magazines?

That was another issue, I figured that someone would point this out if it is/was a problem. From your response, I take it they won't fit in the mag.

1.20 is LONG. Factory is barely longer than 9mm. I agree that the mags will be the first problem. I also don't think 1.20 will even fit your chamber.

Thanks, that is what I needed to know. I have upwards of 2000 rounds of .40 ammo loaded to 1.20". I no longer have a .40 limited gun, I was hoping to be able to buy a M&P and shoot this ammo.

I guess I need to sell the ammo now.

This is good Montana Gold and Zero ammo

1.20 is LONG. Factory is barely longer than 9mm. I agree that the mags will be the first problem. I also don't think 1.20 will even fit your chamber.

Thanks, that is what I needed to know. I have upwards of 2000 rounds of .40 ammo loaded to 1.20". I no longer have a .40 limited gun, I was hoping to be able to buy a M&P and shoot this ammo.

I guess I need to sell the ammo now.

This is good Montana Gold and Zero ammo

I'd at least see if it fits someone else magazines first. I don't have anything loaded out to 1.2" or I'd test in a barrel for you. I just don't want to disturb my current OAL on the press... new loader and hate to muck with what works atm.

The title says it all, will a M&P 40 load my normal STI/SV ammo loaded to an OAL of 1.20"?

I can't say if the factory chamber will handle it, but your mags certainly won't. I have my Limited load for my Para here - .40 @ 1.175 OAL and they will go in my M&P 40 mags ok - tip right at the front wall of the tube - but they hang up down in the tube when flicking them out. Sorry.

Edited by Anopsis

You'll have to check your own max OAL for your chamber to be able to answer that part of the question, but my guess would be that they won't fit. (IIRC, my max with the factory 9 Pro barrel was 1.183-ish.)

They don't have a snowball's chance in Hell of fitting in the mags, as everyone else has said. 1.145 was what I ended up with, having experienced in long-loaded rounds for a Glock what it's like to get some "tip drag" on your magazines at the wrong time...

Edited by Sin-ster