Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cmore Slideride or RTS

rooster mcbee

My 20 year old Aimpoint is starting to fade, so I think it's time for a new dot sight. I've narrowed it down to the Cmore Slideride or the Cmore RTS. I'm pretty familiar with the regular Cmore, but I've never seen a RTS, except in pictures here on this site. I like the way the RTS sits lower to the boreline,(with the Cheely mount), but my concern is the size of the lens. Do you shooters that use the RTS have any more trouble finding or following your dot than you do with the full size Cmore lens? My IPSC days are about over, bad knee's, so I'm focusing on Steel Challenge. Is one sight more suited for steel shooting than the other? Are there any pitfalls to either sight that I'm not considering, ie reliability, mood swings, or general weirdness? I'm going to mount this sight on a full size STI .38 supercomp with a 4 port hybri barrel and a 3 port compensator. I'm leaning strongly toward the Cheely mount if I go with the RTS, but I'm not to sure about a mount for the Slideride, maybe the DAA with the thumb rest and wing built in, because they advertise it as being set very low to the boreline. I don't know, they all look very similar to me. Thanks for any help or advice with my dilemma. Doug

Last weekend one of the guys at our match had to switch guns because his RTS mounted on a slide broke while shooting, nothing out of the ordinary, just recoil. I asked him what happened and he told me it was the 3rd RTS that broke on him in the same manner. He said they have been real good about replacing them, I don't know the full story, but I would for sure look into the best way to mount it if you choose to go that route.

I just got an open gun from Cheely with the RTS mount set up. Check out his dealer page "best present ever"

As for reliability I think mounting the sight in the slide is going to cause some reliability issues, local guy has sent back 4 delta points from a slide ride open gun so not sure any of them can take the abuse.

I like the RTS so far. The one caviout is that the dot is not fully adjustable like the slide ride is. It does sit much lower than an upright slide ride and I like that about it.

I think the lens is almost the same size as the slide ride, but not sure.

John

john your gun really has me itching to buy one. and do what i said about getting it undrilled and dropping it even closer to the slide. That is alot of room you can drop between a flat top and a full classic

Jeff I am wanting to get an undrilled mount from Matt and fit it with just the most minimal clearance since my slide is so flat with that end mill channel cut down the center. Then its back upright with no ejection issues

Edited by Mat Price

• 3 weeks later...