Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is this ok as case c leaning media?

My new XL 650 setup has started to arrive & i got the case cleaner & media separater yesterday. went to the local feed store to buy crushed corn cob but all they had was crushed corn thast they sell as bird feed. Will this work?

Edited by Nimitz

No. That's just cracked corn.

You need corn cob. If you don't have a local source for the 40-50 lb bags of walnut or corn cob you can go to Walmart and buy corn cob and the local pet store to get crushed walnut. It's called lizard litter.

Eventually you will want to buy in bulk just like everything else pertaining to this sport. Grainger sells it as blast media or you can go to drillspot.com or to a local sandblasting supply store for walnut. I bought a 50lb bag of each two years ago and have used a little over half of it.

ok, thanks. ended up at Petsmart today to get cat food & they have both crushed walnut & crushed corn cob ...

thx for the links!

that was going to be my next question ... how long does corn cob last vice walnut since i would assume corn cob is cheaper?

• 1 month later...

You need corn cob. If you don't have a local source for the 40-50 lb bags of walnut or corn cob you can go to Walmart and buy corn cob and the local pet store to get crushed walnut. It's called lizard litter.

Eventually you will want to buy in bulk just like everything else pertaining to this sport. Grainger sells it as blast media or you can go to drillspot.com or to a local sandblasting supply store for walnut. I bought a 50lb bag of each two years ago and have used a little over half of it.

Purchased corn cob from drillspot.com 40lb bag 20/40, fine, will not get stuck in flash hole.

Get this, was going to order from Grainger got to the check out and seen the $20 shipping, so I back out, then read this post about drillspot.com. Went to their site placed the order, I noticed the part number matched Graingers. Got the shipment today and it was sent right from Grainger. Price was $32.90 shipped from drillspot and Grainger wanted $34.90 plus shipping, was going to be almost $60 to get it here.

Drillspot.com is place to get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased corn cob from drillspot.com 40lb bag 20/40, fine, will not get stuck in flash hole.

Get this, was going to order from Grainger got to the check out and seen the $20 shipping, so I back out, then read this post about drillspot.com. Went to their site placed the order, I noticed the part number matched Graingers. Got the shipment today and it was sent right from Grainger. Price was $32.90 shipped from drillspot and Grainger wanted $34.90 plus shipping, was going to be almost $60 to get it here.

Drillspot.com is place to get it.

I had the exact same experience a couple weeks back when I ordered my second bag. My box still had the grainier sticker on it.

Drillspot ROCKS.