Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun for my girlfriend

Atlgentlegiant

I would like some feedback from this forum. My girlfriend has tried several guns and is fairly happy with a H&K 30, M&P, CZ75 and a Walther PPQ. The H&K is out of the running due to cost. Mainly looking for a self-defense gun for her, 9mm as she hates 40 and 45 blast and recoil, but it may end up being a production competition gun on occasion too.

What are the pros and cons of the M&P for this in the opinion of those that own one?

Pro-Good value, simple to operate, 3 different size grips, she has tried it and is OK with it,light-easy to carry, 17 round standard magazine, tons of drop in upgrades.

Con-(to me)Snappy recoil with full house rounds, much harder to shoot striker fired well than single action, trigger from the factory is inconsistent.

I have two M&Ps. One is a 9mm pro 5" with the apex aek trigger kit and the ram. This gives the gun a great trigger. I use this gun for uspsa production and absolutely love it. My second M&P is a 40S&W pro 5". This makes a great home defense gun. I also have a 9mm conversion barrel for the 40 S&W. That way I have a second gun for my kids to shoot in uspsa production. I think she will really like the M&P because the gun is very ergonomic and the back strap can be changed to be small, med, or large. The gun is easy to clean and very reliable. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

And... the M&P is made n 'Merica!

I'm kind of biased. I sold all of my Glocks but my Glock 36 and bought M&Ps. All in all, I own 7 of various calibers and sizes.

My wife shoots an M&P 9 4.25" model without the thumb or magazine safety, and loves it. The only thing I've done to her's is add a Wolff Full Length SS Guide Rod & a 13# spring that she like to shoot 'Powder Puff' loads from. :D

She exclusively shoots the M&P and her Ruger SR9C which she also loves. The SR9 & SR9C have a fabulous trigger right out of the box. That's the first thing I noticed about them.

Edited by roostershooter