Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Well, I did it now ... help!

Nimitz

Ok, I got my Glockworx custom deluxe drop in trigger kit for my G34. Before installing the kit I wanted to adjust the overtravel to the min possible. Unfortunately I adjusted it to the point where the trigger would no longer fire (as the techs told me to) but did not back off enough to get the trigger to fire. I reassembled the gun and went to test fire it but the trigger would not fire. So I went to take off the slide to readjust the over travel set screw but now since I can't fire the trigger I can't remove the slide & take apart the gun. So, can someone tell me how I can go about getting the slide off at this point? At least I managed to install a new guide rod, spring, striker & striker spring without screwing that up ...

If im not mistaken, you have to remove the back plate and take out the striker assy and extractor spring&post. I'm not 100% certain on that, though. I've never come across this issure before, i just remember reading it somewhere that if it happened.....do that to release the slide...

If im not mistaken, you have to remove the back plate and take out the striker assy and extractor spring&post. I'm not 100% certain on that, though. I've never come across this issure before, i just remember reading it somewhere that if it happened.....do that to release the slide...

Nox is correct...

It will be a little harder to remove the slide cover because you can't pull down on the firing pin spacer sleeve to release the pressure... You'll need to use a screwdriver to pry the slide cover down...

Once the slide is locked back, you can remove the cover normaly, remove the striker, then remove the slide. For future reference, if you're going to work on a glock, buy the short orange (armorers) slide cover plate (about $3)that's what it's for! :cheers:

Nox is correct...

It will be a little harder to remove the slide cover because you can't pull down on the firing pin spacer sleeve to release the pressure... You'll need to use a screwdriver to pry the slide cover down...

Sure you can -- if you lock the slide to the rear first. The firing pin spacer sleeve should be accessible at that point....

Lock slide to rear and ensure the gun is empty.

Use Glock Tool to push the firing pin spacer sleeve toward the muzzle.

Press down on the slide cover, remove it, and remove the striker.

Release the slide, and depress the slide lock to allow it to come off the frame....

Hey guys, thx! While thinking about it this morning I realized that if I locked the slide back I could now get access to the striker spacer spring to be able to remover the striker assembly & safety plunger. However, I just don't know enough about how each part interacts with the others to know if that would disengage the trigger so I could remove the slide. Therefore, before I started to muck around with it late last night I figured the Glock experst here could point me in the right direction. At least I'm learning a lot about the internal workings of the gun.

One more question. The tech at Glockworx said to adjust the overtravel to the min I should turn the set screw on the back of the ejector housing until the trigger won't fire & then back off a 1/4 turn. How can I tell if the trigger will or will not fire with the entire trigger assembly out of the gun so I don't do this again? (this is probably a dumb question that I should know the answer to ...)

You have to suffer through those trials and tribulations to get a good trigger. Repeated assembly and disassembly is part of the process...

Be careful about trying to eliminate too much over-travel. You can easily do that. If you do, the cruciform sear plate will stop EXACTLY where it released the firing pin. The lower lug of the FP will drag along the sear plate and slow down. It will cause an intermittent Failure to Fire that will drive you CRAZY.

Success! Got the gun apart without issue. I also called tech support a Glockworx to talk me through adjusting the overtravel. He told me that I only needed to remove the ejector housing pin in the back of the gun which would allow me to pull up the ejector housing just enogh to expose the set screw & I could adjust the trigger, push it back in, check the trigger pull & adjust as necessary. (Great design feature!) He said to adjudst until the point where the trigger feels musshy but still breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn from there. I did what he said and could definitely feel the 'mushy trigger' point & then backed off from there to a nice clean break point. Is that what you are talking about?

Heading to the range tomorrow morning to try out my handiwork ... unfortunately now I no longer have any excuses for poor trigger control ... :)