Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just me or do I find lots of threads lately dominated by tacticool answers? Maybe I am getting old and grumpy at 45. Didn't think it'd set in so early.

I always found it nice just discussing the various games we play and how to do it more efficient. Now it seems like some threads have at least someone talking "real life". Isn't there someplace else for that? Maybe it's just me and I've ran across the same couple things more than once and don't remember. What do you guys think?

Here is the REAL DEAL!

I love shooting. It is great fun, and I wish nothing but the same for those of you who feel likewise.

How, and where are cool, but why can get sticky. I'm not military anymore, nor LEO, and I wish to be neither though I have nothing against them. (I appreciate their service.) I just like to go to the range and share the experience. I'm not there all decked out in my high-speed/low-drag military gear. Just my game gear.

My SHTF is running out of ice in my cooler. It's hot at our range. It's a desert here too. What are you going to do Jimmy when the SHTF? Drive until we find ice!

JZ

You think this place is bad, go check out some of the other gun-related forums like Glocktalk. On another funny tacticool note, I just got my American Rifleman and saw that some genius has come up with a tactical lever action rifle...all blacked out and with a rail and an AR-style collapsible stock.

Edited by mpolans

You think this place is bad, go check out some of the other gun-related forums like Glocktalk. On another funny tacticool note, I just got my American Rifleman and saw that some genius has come up with a tactical lever action rifle...all blacked out and with a rail and an AR-style collapsible stock.

I also noticed a tacticool O/U with a rail.

Wish that OU didnt have that rail as It looks better without it. Was planning on picking one up for dad as he is pretty much a skeet guy and is much more comfortable with a double than an auto or a pump. Figure an 18 inch OH would be a good gun for him to keep in the bedroom and if its ever needed its not that pricy

I don't go to other sites because of all that talk. Always liked the world Brian created here.

I don't go to other sites because of all that talk. Always liked the world Brian created here.

+1 man, I hear that. The other places are pretty icky. Brian has done it right here!

The other thing is: 99% of the "Tacticool" drivel spewed about by "Tactical Timmy's" is a crock of BS. Most of them have no freaking idea how it works in the real world. Most likely they never leave the confines of their "Command Center"(Mommy & daddies house) nor, do they even get out to the range more than once every two years to put a box o' fitty sheels thru dey blasta. The disinformation highway, what a ride..

Where I am at Geographically, we get a lot of Mil guys and I give them all the props in the world. Much respect for our Men & Women who do work in uniform. They always have a place on my squad. We also get our fair share of the tactical timmy types, they usually don't shoot more than one or two matches once they realize that their fantasy tactical ninja bubble has burst in a big way. The excuses they come up with kinda make me chuckle(especially when they drag their high maintenance girlfriends out to watch the carnage) ;)