Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

27-7 ready for the IRC

Ty Hamby

My wife is trading in her 627-5 Pro 4" Carmony for this new 27-7. It started life as a Banger BNG0007 #7 of 100 (she is hoping lucky #7). Not owning any safe queens I knew this one would instantly become a shooter. I decided to remove any parts that I wished to modify or cut up. Keeping all the original parts in case It ever wanted to be returned to its original condition. Since Ti cylinders are hard to come by I opted for a Nickle cylinder with other chrome/stainless parts. Apex Competition hammer and hammer parts, SDM FO front sight. Rear sight removed from her old gun. 627 ejector rod, Wolf hammer and rebound springs. Hogue big butt grip and cylinder release(from old gun). This is my first Hammer and Cylinder fitting. Took hours with a hand file but came out perfect. I am so tickled with the pull and lockup. Cylinder gap is perfect. All of the original parts will easilly go back on if nessessary one day. Here is what it looks like.

post-21005-0-87888600-1336761146_thumb.j

Was I crazy for removing the original parts in lieu of just cutting up the original parts?

look good I love the I wanna be formal but im here to party look of the 27 and 25 smiths. I dont think your crazy for not wanting to cut up the factory parts I usually try to order all the pieces for my competition guns so I have back ups or if I screw a part up moding it im not dead in the water.

The 27-7 is a great revo - they should make a run of these again.

Btw I have # 100 that I turned into a shooter as well...

#62 is definitely a shooter!

#3 and #96 remain unmolested......for now! :devil:

Hey Mike,

How many Millet sights from my secret stash do I need to send you to talk you out of one of those 27's?

I will shoot the hell out of it! Not stash it away like "those old ladies on the S&W forum"

Lol

#5 has seen some IRC time hammerless w/LPA sights. James Austin's, number unknown, has kicked some serious ass there.

This is the very last gun I would ever give up. When I saw they existed, I got one right away. Other guns are tools, this one has a soul

Edited by underlug

Hey Mike,

How many Millet sights from my secret stash do I need to send you to talk you out of one of those 27's?

What makes you think I don't have my own secret stash of Milletts? Just because I said I was out of them on the old "Carmonize!" dealer forum?? :devil:

Wow... A lot of these 27-7 on this forum.

In addition to #100 I have also have an unmolested one..#63.

Well if everyone is talking about 27-7 I have #38 un-molested and I do have a 27-8 #8 with a 5" barrel. I was going to drop a 8 3/8" barrel on the 27-8 but unemployment has forced me to put up all my toys and my hobbies on hold. I think the 27-8 with the 8 3/8" barrel would have been sweet but maybe someday I will be back in the swing of things.

• 5 months later...