Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 Standard IPSC 40 owners

Philo_Beddoe

I have the opportunity to purchase a CZ 75 Standard IPSC 40 locally for a good price. I want to move into limited and would like to stay with the CZ platform (shoot a shadow in production). I am leary though due to the mentioning of slide cracking in this model below:

Here

It seems like the tactical sports model might have been created to address this issue:

The TS retains all of the best features of Standard IPSC model and improves upon the platform with increased durability, new sights, a new trigger system and more.

description

However I was told by an individual who is a CZ smith that he had never heard of a slide cracking issue in the Standard Ipsc model. He was of the opinion that it could have been individuals running too light of recoil springs for the loads they were shooting.

Any Standard IPSC model owners care to share the experience with this model?

Edited by Philo_Beddoe

The slide issues as I recall being discussed at the time where at round counts in excess of 75K or so. This is from memory though. I don't recall how widespread the issue was.

• 2 years later...

Reviving this thread because I'm in the same position as the original poster. I'm also curious though if the standard IPSC uses the same parts as the TS. For example will mag wells, speed hammers, sights grips and other parts that are designed for the TS fit the standard IPSC as well?

I have an IPSC Standard and I successfully used every Tactical Sports part I have ever got a hold of....hammers, magazines, mag wells, springs, triggers, grips, sights, firing pins, etc.

I had heard that the Tactical Sports had a radius added from the transition of the dust cover to the top of the slide (not sure if that's a good explanation) but mine had it as well. I have about 5k through mine now plus what was ever in it originally (not many).

I have some close ups of some of the parts at http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=44860.15

FWIW, You might want confirm that you actually have a standard .... I had a tactical sport (serial number on box with description tactical sport), but the roll mark was 'standard' - apparently a few were done that way. Now mine just said 'Standard', not "IPSC ..."

First of all that is awesome. I'm a huge fan of how it turned out. My question is why not go for a TS if you were going to go to all that trouble of tuning it up? The up front increase in cost seems trivial compared to what went into it

$650 for the Standard from a pawnshop. The decision was easy.