Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which optic for 3-gun

nj mike

I bought the new Meopta ZD last year and have been extremely happy with it. I have it on a JP CTR-02. I've shot with it out to 600 yards. The glass is very clear.

I've looked through the Swaro Z6i a few times and shot with it once. It's of course an amazing scope, but was more than I wanted to pay for my first 3-gun optic. I'm glad I went with the Meopta. For me, it's a lot of scope for the money - and for less than half the price of the Swaro.

jimmcc - I agree with what the above poster said - you might switch out to a new battery. I rarely use the illuminated reticle, so I've had the same battery in for the better part of a year, but it's still VERY bright on a bright sunny day.

That Bushnell is as cool an optic as I have seen for 1/2 price of some others.

If you new to 3-gun and already looking to spend >$2000 on a scope...there are lot of options for less dough that will work just fine.

Would the first focal plane be a better option than the second focal plane in this optic? With the second focal plane scope, if you zeroed it at 6.5x but you only wanted it on 4x for a 250 yard target, you would be off. Is that right?

Would the first focal plane be a better option than the second focal plane in this optic? With the second focal plane scope, if you zeroed it at 6.5x but you only wanted it on 4x for a 250 yard target, you would be off. Is that right?

I prefer second focal plane on three gun optics and first focal for long range optics. At 250 yards you are not far enough away from a 4 moa target to worry about even using hold over points if your running a 200 yard zero. I only use my hold over marks on 6x when I am shooting past 300 yards. Your hold overs will be only correct at max power. The scope will not be off in the center if thats what you meant.

Pat

Well, I went ahead and did it. I put in a pre-order for the SWFA 1-6x24. I suspect that the Bushnell is overall a better scope, but I am really liking the look of the SWFA FFP reticle. I think my g/f will end up getting the Bushnell 1-6.5x, so I will have a chance to regret my choice later. :roflol:

Okay guys after reading till my eyes are bleeding I have. Ordered the z6I brt 1 .yes it is pricey but I figured its just better to buy once.thanks for all the suggestions

Okay guys after reading till my eyes are bleeding I have. Ordered the z6I brt 1 .yes it is pricey but I figured its just better to buy once.thanks for all the suggestions

You made a great pick The Z6BRT is a fantastic scope. Even a Vortex guy can see that. Its good to see some-one get quality over high compromise.

;)

AlamoShooter thank you , there was a lots of tossing and turning but i kept coming back to the Z6BRT .

Age has some benefits , When In Doubt , Go with the Best. and you went with the best available at this time.

When Cost is the first restriction , a person should Rethink or postpone a purchase until they can look at the entire situation.

Congrats on good path picks, you will progress quickly and make up your extra front end investment in you future of competing.

AlamoShooter thank you , there was a lots of tossing and turning but i kept coming back to the Z6BRT .

Age has some benefits , When In Doubt , Go with the Best. and you went with the best available at this time.

When Cost is the first restriction , a person should Rethink or postpone a purchase until they can look at the entire situation.

Congrats on good path picks, you will progress quickly and make up your extra front end investment in you future of competing.

You sound like my grandfather. He would tell me when I was a child to always buy the best you can afford. And never throw money away.

Is the razor 1-6 available now? Website says that it will be out fall of 2012.

Only two 1-6 Razors are in the Nation rite now. I promise when #3 arrives and the send it to me you guys will be the first I sing to.

Vortex is taking orders from distributors and the Dealers have more information posted than Vortex does.

The Demo Video of Jerry was shot during and just after the SMM3G with help form the great hosts Rio Salado