Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cool shooting hats

DarthMuffin

That looks promising. "One size fits most" Wonder if it will work on my planet sized mellon... For 12 bucks it is worth a shot.

Cripes, I missed that part. I always read that as "This will not fit you".

My poor mother.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't go wrong with a Tilley T3 in the scorching sun. Very cool, comfortable, and darn near indestructible. Not very compatible with muffs, but muffs aren't great in hot weather anyway.

LOL! It also comes white so that you can be the white ninja. :lol:

After seeing that picture, I tried doing a descriptive search as well. I just a learned a new compound word today: gimp mask. If you don't know what it is, it is NSFW and so correspondingly NOT what you want to wear to a match.

LOL! It also comes white so that you can be the white ninja. :lol:

After seeing that picture, I tried doing a descriptive search as well. I just a learned a new compound word today: gimp mask. If you don't know what it is, it is NSFW and so correspondingly NOT what you want to wear to a match.

Man, you lead a sheltered life.

(An offensive word is uttered in this vid.)

They look good but I'm kind of hesitant to spend any more on running type hats without being able to try them on first. The few that I've tried have brims that are too long and come down at too much of an angle. They end up coming too close to obscuring the sights for comfort. Guess you only need to see your feet when running?!?

I have two to try that I found on this thread. Now I just need some hot weather and a match or two to try them out :-) Got a bit sectional match this weekend where I'm ROing.

FYI, because of this forum, i tried out a hat from Columbia Clothing that was suggested here.

http://www.columbia.com/Men%27s-Coolhead%E2%84%A2-Ball-Cap/CM9791,default,pd.html

i work outside in direct sunlight 9 or 10 hours a day. i tried it out today, and it is waaaaaaay cooler than the thick heavy carhart hat i usually wear. The carhart is thick, and not really meant to be cool.

The columbia hat is super thin, and weighs less than half as much as my other hats. It's supposed to make the material cold when you sweat. i've not witnessed this yet, because my head hasn't sweat yet. It was like 85 today, with less than normal humidity, but with any of my other caps, i would have been whiping insane amounts of sweat off my head.

They look good but I'm kind of hesitant to spend any more on running type hats without being able to try them on first. The few that I've tried have brims that are too long and come down at too much of an angle. They end up coming too close to obscuring the sights for comfort. Guess you only need to see your feet when running?!?

Dude, I would not steer you wrong. I own and use three of those hats, and they are perfect for shooting--and available in pure white!