Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arkansas Section 3-gun

OK here is what I can tell you that I know from Clay Binion

The Arkansas Section 3-gun (with some multi-gun stages planned) is October 30 and 31, 2004

Location is Fort Smith Arkansas at the Old Fort shooting Club (new berms and ranges with rifle range out to 600 yds)

Clay was one of my CROs for the MS 3-gun and told me that the Mississippi section was not about to outdo his on their first try. Clay is as good a stage designer as I know and I think it will be a 1st rate match.

He has told me that ROs will shoot with squads and stay with them through the match (florida squadding). that is how they shot the Race Gun Championships last year and it worked out really well. Besides after all I read about the ROs not having the range comands down, if you keep the same 2 or 3 all weekend the commands should all be the same.

I myself and 3 others from the Memphis area are planning to make the trip, I e-mailed Travis Tomasie and told him about it and he replied that they (army team) would try to make it if possible.

I know that 3-gun in USPSA is in its infancy and we are having growing problems but if it is going to make it we need to keep going to these things and make notes of what works and what doesn't and use it to the better.

Hope to see ya'll there.

Sam Keen

Sam, I've been talking this match up in the KS. and OK area and there is considerable interest. There are no other matches scheduled that late so should have quite a few 3 gunners from this area. After talking with Clay at the Miss. match I'm looking foward to a good finial match of the season. Unless he has had second thoughts he alluded to as many as 15 stages. I already know which RO I want, can you choose RO'S on the App? LOL Keith

Bronco,

good to hear from you, My guess is that since most if not all ROs will be shooting SG excluded for the shoulder the best way to do that is request squadding with them. ;)

I don't know if you read the post on the Online match I made to Tightloop about the rain but we are way above average over here, how is it in KS? :blink:

Late October is Corn time is it not? <_<

If you are able to make it I look forward to seeing you there. :)

SAM

Sam, Its only 4 hours to this match so I plan on being there. Should have most of the farm stuff under control by then. Its been a wounderful spring and summer in south central KS. The Milo is so tall I'll have to put my long range targets up on blocks so I can see them. Catch you at the match if not sooner. Keith

I have not shot a big 3-gun match yet, but it seems like great fun. Where and or when can I get an entry form. I could not make Texas , Easter weekend , I am going to Oklahoma and Arkansas is a sure thing. Esp in Oct.

Sam:

I will try to be there if possible! Work may actually get in the way for once! I know Bronco is laughing right now but for once it is true. I know you want to even the score from Mississippi so I will try to show up unpracticed and dull from the 3 hour trip to the range! I think you will also see the Hawkins brothers, and that can only mean it ain't going to be a cake walk for anyone!! KURTM

Kurt,

Work ? what is that ? :wacko:

My mother told me to not use four letter words !!! :P

All jokes aside It seams like they had 50+ shooters last year and Mike Sisk won the thing, I know it is the Arkansas Section Championship but we need to make the home boys work hard for the title this year.

Clay, Here we come !!!!

SAM

Hey Sam, I will be there...should have some guns put together by! I need to give Kurt a hard time any way. Adios

Greg

God Bless America!

"Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead."

• 3 weeks later...

like kurt, work might get in my way, however after my disasterous rifle stages at OK3G i am in need of some revenge against the hawkins brothers, ha ha.....

seriously, they shot a good match, and choked myself to death with the AR.

but i'd like to make the arkansas match, i don't know if benny was counting me in on his count of six texans. i hope kurt can make this one too....... trapr

Trapper,

I don' think Garret or myself are going to be there so have fun. You shot well this weekend and congrats on doing well and winning, hands down, the pistol portion of the match!

Guy Hawkins

P.S. If you want some revenge send me more work so I will be as tired as I was on the first day of the match. I hate getting in late the night before a match because of work! :angry:

One of these days I will be able to get there a day before like most people and rest so I won't crater like I did the first day. The second day I was better and won 3 of the 4 stages instead of only one out of nine like I did on the first day.

Ok..........end of wimpering like a -ucking baby rant........

Guy, As I recall, you and your HE-MAN brother shot pretty damn well on Sat. If I could do as well in Ark,(A dream of mine),as you did in OK, I'll get there late and stay up all night .

Thanks to Garrett for helping get my AR fixed so Brian could kick my butt.

It was a fun shooting with you. I hope we can do it again .

Good luck in Raton.

DC

• 2 months later...

One week away from tomorrow :)

Have M1A sighted in with 168 grain bullets (NOT WHIMPY 110 grn)

Will shoot Flat sided Bottom feeder in All steel match to warm up for it this Sunday

Shotgun is Remmey 11-87 all it needs is food.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, but I am apologizing now for not remembering the name with the face.

Sam

SG good to hear the news, will be fun seeing RB hobble around trying to shoot, and you giving him a lesson in the propper way to shoot a 3-gun match ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well I really enjoyed the Arkansas 2 gun (yes you read right) as the pistol portion of the match was cancelled due to excessive Humidity (ok rain).

Clay and David and Mike and Mark did an excelent job of getting some good stages for us to shoot that tested me pretty good.

I am sorry we did not get to shoot on Sunday as I was looking forward to it but that is just the way it worked out.

Benny Hill won Tactical Aggregate for rifle and shotgun :)

Kurt Miller won Limited Aggregate for rifle and shotgun :)

James Darst took Open Aggregate for rifle and shotgun :)

Benny and James were both on my squad so I actually got to see the butt whipping they were giving me but the Rat Rifle and I did not back down (ran out of bullets though)

I enjoyed seeing everyone again and hope to see ya'll soon.

Congrats to the overall and all class winners and keep up the good work.

Bronco----You know I will not take a butt kicking like that sitting down ;)

SAM

Results !!!!!! :) Aggregate of Rifle and Shotgun.

Open Division :

James Darst M 100.00%

Dave Campbell M 57.39%

Jeff Bielby U 48.32%

Stephanie Hough B 26.37%

Limited Division:

Kurt Miller U 100.00%

Lonnie Devine M 65.48%

Kelly Balmores B 63.32%

Kelly Raglin B 55.94%

Bill Chadwick B 47.30%

Tom Loyd B 43.25%

Don Paxon U 41.84%

Rodney May M 39.54%

Dennis Chalk C 36.19%

Tactical Division :

Benny Hill M 100.00%

Pat Kelly A 89.49%

Doc Ellis C 85.04%

Ty Gentry U 82.65%

Keith Tolles B 77.36%

Ron Sacks C 76.07%

Matt Barr B 63.76%

Clay Binion A 60.83%

David Brooks U 60.62%

Sam Keen A 60.17%

Mark Koenigesder B 58.12%

Mell Kuhn U 55.62%

Wade Rorich U 51.94%

Ryan Hunt A 51.82%

Virgil Littrel U 42.09%

Glen Harrison C 37.58%

Del Williams U 37.16%

David Williams U 32.61%

Dianna Liedorff U 30.84%

Bruce Bethell C 28.03%

OK There you are, Aggreagate results taken straight off the results page sent to the Southeastern Shooters mailing List.

Hopalong

I'd have to agree, it was a fine 2 gun match held at a great venue with a crappy road made worse by the weather. It was good to see our southern shooting friends and enjoy the hospitality of the Old Fort Gun Club. The usual suspects shot well and it was fun to watch how its supposed to be done. I learn something at every match.

Hopalong, don't know what to say, sometimes things just fall the right way and the underdog gets the bone. I'm sure you'll get your revenge. Keith