Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

22/45 Modified for 1911 grips

kbeck76

I received my MKIII 22/45 back from Kingshouse today. Doug mills the grip panels off the 22/45 frame and adds bushings so that 1911 grips will fit. The pistol turned out great and I highly recommend Doug if you are interested in this type of work. The grips are VZ Elite Tactical Carry in Black Desert Sand. Doug also installed an Ed Brown extended magazine release.

DSC_6189.JPG

DSC_6190.JPG

DSC_6179.JPG

More pictures at: https://plus.google.com/photos/101379071907870471009/albums/5732143433916142321?authkey=CNLi3prVrKGjLg

No connection to Doug other than as a very satisfied customer.

Kevin

That looks awesome. I was thinking of sending mine out but heard it takes awhile to get back. What was your turn around time? I hate not having my favorite .22 :(

I shipped him my pistols on March 30 and he shipped back the MKIII on April 13. I'm expecting my MKII next week.

So about 2 weeks for a MKIII and 3-4 for a MKII. Definitely worth the wait and I really like the extended magazine release.

I'd send Doug an e-mail (or call him) to see what his schedule is like. I sent him a letter with my pistols and he called me back to ask me some additional questions I hadn't thought of.

You're almost a neighbor; if you would like to see my MKIII I'd be glad to meet you at Gander Mountain or somewhere around Lake Mary.

Kevin

Wow 2-3 weeks seems pretty fast. I'll give him a call. I would love to see it in person before sending mine out. Getting my Ruger back from the gunsmith later next week, maybe after it returns to me we could meet at Gander.

Wow 2-3 weeks seems pretty fast. I'll give him a call. I would love to see it in person before sending mine out. Getting my Ruger back from the gunsmith later next week, maybe after it returns to me we could meet at Gander.

Sounds like a plan. I'll PM you my contact information. Just give me a call when you get your pistol back and we can meet at Gander.

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a jealous man. I'm still waiting for mine, Volquartsen order was delayed. I'll be giving you a call though. Thanks and be safe.

I received the MKII back today.

MKIII on the left, MKII on the right.

DSC_6379.JPG

More pictures at: kbeck76 Kingshouse pistols

Give me a call gator11 when you are ready to see these pistols.

Kevin

I will Kevin. Those sure are pretty pistols, just got my bushing in from Sam up in Canada. Hopefully im up and running in a week or so. Then I gotta see those in person.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Was just looking into some new grips for my 22/45 and stumbled upon this thread. Seeing as though the thread is now 3 years old, not sure if anyone here is still active or if "Doug" still does this work. But if anyone could provided me with some contact info I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!