Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Time Flies! 20 Years as USPSA Life Member!

jmaass

I was starting the process of cleaning out my "shooting closet", which has not been opened much in the past ten years.

Among the old match results and newsletters, order/repair records of my custom guns, reloading notebooks, and Match Director records for many years at my local club was my USPSA Life Member card and Certificate (L-1192), and my last Annual Membership card (A-19733). In June, I'll have been a Life Member for 20 years!

I may need to evict the rodents from their nest in the compensators of my Open guns, blow the dust out of the magazine wells, and drop down to the local club (PCSI, Circleville OH) for the June match!

I pitched out seventeen notebooks of old records, retained about the same number. It's amazing how much paperwork I generated int he ten years I was actively shooting!

Forgive the nostalgia: lots of dust and memories this evening!

I used your reloading data as a baseline.

I am in the process of cleaning out my parents storage unit. My father started reloading rifles in the 60s. I just went through all his old records, page by page. No Chrono's back then but he was a Quality Assurance Engineer. He has notebook after notebook on stuff.

My old 'Maass IPSC Loads Lists' for 9x21, .38 Super, and .40 S&W are still online, but I haven't added to them for almost ten years.

My old 'USPSA Courses of Fire Collection', with over 250 stages with score sheets, is also still online, although many will require re-work to conform with changed rules. Several of these have been used for USPSA Nationals and Area matches over the years. I think that there are some interesting ideas there that could be incorporated into new course designs or used as-is with some changes to the course briefing text.

One volume that I had forgotten was there is 'USPSA Nationals Courses 1985-1990 (PDF)', which transcribed 25 courses of fire from USPSA Nationals in those years. Former USPSA RM Andy Hollar loaned me his collection of books to allow me to transcribe those courses which seemed worthwhile.

My reloading notebooks are not going to be discarded, although I may finally clean out the bookcase and get rid of my many reloading manuals. I'm trying to "downsize" so I can move around my house and someday move out!

Jeff why not come to the MAY match at Circleville? ;)

The April match was outstanding, with lots of steel on 5 out of 6 stages.

:cheers:

Chris: May is not likely, but I may pop up sometime soon thereafter. I'll probably be packing cameras rather than my guns though. I've managed to develop two bad knees and a trick ankle that remind me not to run as I walk around in my daily life!

A steel match or NRA AP are probably more advisable for me.

You must have a big (full) gun closet, Jeff.

It is amazing how much stuff one can accumulate in ten years of active shooting! As I am single, my house is in "man cave configuration" with stuff stored in every room.

The one closet I've started cleaning is just bedroom closet sized, but the notebooks were stacked two deep and two high on the top shelf! The lower shelves are stacked high with boxes of supplies and parts. At least three other closets have some of the shooting stuff in them as well!

With the cleanup, I'll inventory and consolidate all the shooting stuff. Even with my ten year "layoff", I've managed to inherit some new guns, and purchase a couple for daily carry. With them came even more new "stuff"!

Thanks for all the nice words about the IPSC Loads Lists!

They started out as references for my own information. Soon some friends found them useful, so I put them on my web site and kept up the process of collecting more proven loads.

Jeff, keep those stage designs around and available. Even though some don't meet the newer versions of the rule book, they still have great ideas, elements and target "arrays".

Oh, while not in Concord township, if you want some good Barn Swallow pics (from Liberty township)...they nest on our porch and tend to produce 5 off-spring per nest.