Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Task Force Dagger 3 Gun Championship

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with the down pour of rain things are complete. At this point we are trying to get sand in some bays for footing due to another unexpected 2 or more inches of rain yesterday. My advice is bring old boots or whatever you need for poor ground conditions

For Sat.

Sign in starts at 7am

Shooters meeting at 830

First shot at 9

For Sunday

Sign in starts at 7am

Shooters meeting at 745

First shot at 815

Did the rest of the stages get published? I would like to see them. Thanks for everybody who is pulling this together. This will be my first "major" match and I am looking forward to it. The weather is supposed to clear up and with any luck things will dry quickly.

Even with the down pour of rain things are complete. At this point we are trying to get sand in some bays for footing due to another unexpected 2 or more inches of rain yesterday. My advice is bring old boots or whatever you need for poor ground conditions

For Sat.

Sign in starts at 7am

Shooters meeting at 830

First shot at 9

For Sunday

Sign in starts at 7am

Shooters meeting at 745

First shot at 815

awesome. What time are things expected to be completed on Sunday. Some of us with a long drive ahead are contemplating a few hour drive toward home after the match versus spending the night in town and leaving Monday if things end before dark Sun.

I do apologize for the lack of stage info. Just know they are fun and doable for everyone. I probably won't get them out since I'm driving to Atl for the pro match tomorrow.

We hope to be done by 6-7. There is a gun in the table you can't even buy right now!! So the table isn't looking bad.

Sono is right. We looked at stages this morning on our way to the Pro Match at South River. There are no tricks or games, just good, fun shooting.

I'll even be happy with my iron sights.

While we did experience some delay this morning getting the competition started, everyone onsite pulled together and assisted us in getting first shot down range. Keep in mind we are spread out on 2800 acres with at least a 1/4 mile between stages and had one week to figure it out and make it happen. Regardless, it won't happen again. The ranges at AIM will be a World Class place to shoot as we have advertised in the past. Changes were made to see that they are not left in an untidy condition as before, targets will be properly maintained and painted so you will shoot on fresh paint for all competitions. Everyone onsite seems to be enjoying themselves today and looking forward to tomorrow's activities. We ask that you visit our site and make a decision of your own.

For the shooters who are actually onsite, we welcome any constructive criticism to ensure we provide you a professionaly run facility which you expect and deserve.

Mgmt

For those of you wondering.... this match is nice,the people are awesome (both competitors and staff) and I think it's fair to say that this range is akin to the Taj Mahal of shooting destinations. It's something like 5300 acres... I'm still a bit in awe over how expansive it is...

stages.. there are seven instead of eight as originally stated. However all stages seem fairly challenging, two stages have long distance shots one shot is out around 475-500 yard range as a bonus.. A few images attached.

post-8870-0-94163900-1339887949_thumb.jp

post-8870-0-42029000-1339887974_thumb.jp

post-8870-0-74166700-1339887989_thumb.jp

post-8870-0-34131600-1339888002_thumb.jp

Just got back from the match. That is going to be one heck of a nice place when they get it all done. I shot on Saturday and they struggled a little to get started but once we did we shot all the stages with very little wait time in between. The stages were a mixture of run and gun in the small bays to some very challenging long range shooting,you surely needed to understand your optic if you were going to shoot well. I think they did a pretty good job for their first big match but they surely can do better. There seemed to be a lot more shooters signed up for Sunday so it will be interesting to see some posts from those guys. The only thing they need to do to fix a few minor issues is have an experienced match director come in months ahead of time and get the match organized. Jeremy did a good job picking up the slack but is not experienced in putting on a match of this size. I look forward to shooting this match again next year and lets all remember that this match was for a good cause, Task Force Dagger, I had the pleasure of meeting these guys and enjoyed my time with them. Please give to this cause till it hurts these guys deserve your help.

I shot this match yesterday. We did get off to a late start and everything did not go as well as the Match Staff would have hoped for, I am sure. However, the beauty of the shooting community is that competitors and many people in the shooting sports came together and helped put the finishing touches on the match so it could go on. Many of these friends in the community just pitched in to help and did not even shoot the match. I commend Jeremy for continuing on with this match. I am sure that there are lessons being learned at this event that will lead to improvements at future events held at this facility.

The facility is awesome, especially for the Southeast (most tracs of land of this size in the Southeast have been subdivided or are farmed) and the stages were fun. I look forward to shooting there again.

Hurley

Jeremy did a good job picking up the slack but is not experienced in putting on a match of this size.

HE IS NOW!!!

We had a small short shooters meeting Sunday morning, everyone headed to their stages, and the match ran (for our squad) right thru the day without a hicup. Of course there were a few little questions that popped up, but I'm sure Mr. J will remember each one, and avoid any recurrences in future matches.

I'm looking forward to more matches that I can AIM at.

Good stages, great facility, hands down the worst organized and administrated match I've ever been attended. I RO'd saturday and shot sunday and I will say it got better on day 2. They have a lot to learn but they also have the potential to put on a great match.

Edited by ClutchUSMC

We would like to thank everyone that supported the Task Force Dagger 3 Gun Championships at our facility.

You can view the results on competition results page of the AIM website.

I will also have them posted on this site by Wednesday.

thanks again.

Mgmt

We would like to thank everyone that supported the Task Force Dagger 3 Gun Championships at our facility.

You can view the results on competition results page of the AIM website.

I will also have them posted on this site by Wednesday.

thanks again.

Mgmt

How do you pronounce your name "Mgmt" - is that Swedish??

:sight:

Doug

The "unknown" shooter in the video is Mike Zinn....I hope I spelled his last name right...

Overall I had a great time at the match I was squadded with a few high scoring shooters so it was a little intimidating but I learned a lot from them. The facilities were as nice as any I have ever seen with a great amount of potential once everything falls into place. There were quite a few things to complain about but overall...we went there to shoot nothing more nothing less. Yes, the prize table was scarce,we self RO'd 4 out of 6 stages...we reset and taped all but 3 of them (most people did). Like I said we went there to shoot nothing more nothing less. Last but not least on the list...GNATS !!Or whatever those flying critters were!! OMG !! They were everywhere !! Lol!! This was my first Major three gun match ( and it showed by my less than stellar perfomance) and regardless of the complications I had a great time and learned alot. Especially where NOT to have a blowout in Alabama at 1 in the morning.

Hadley O.

The "unknown" shooter in the video is Mike Zinn....I hope I spelled his last name right...

Overall I had a great time at the match I was squadded with a few high scoring shooters so it was a little intimidating but I learned a lot from them. The facilities were as nice as any I have ever seen with a great amount of potential once everything falls into place. There were quite a few things to complain about but overall...we went there to shoot nothing more nothing less. Yes, the prize table was scarce,we self RO'd 4 out of 6 stages...we reset and taped all but 3 of them (most people did). Like I said we went there to shoot nothing more nothing less. Last but not least on the list...GNATS !!Or whatever those flying critters were!! OMG !! They were everywhere !! Lol!! This was my first Major three gun match ( and it showed by my less than stellar perfomance) and regardless of the complications I had a great time and learned alot. Especially where NOT to have a blowout in Alabama at 1 in the morning.

Hadley O.

Greg Zinn not Mike

Edited by MBdocholiday