Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My 16-40 Limited Customization list - Thoughts?

mrgreentie

Hello: The Gun Craft trigger is heavy and does not fit well. The Dlask is titanium and magnesium and very light for that sub 2lb trigger comp pistol. The long one feels good for those with long fingers and big hands. The Gun Craft is the way to go if you want a flat trigger but I would suggest drilling some holes in it to lighten it up. Thanks, Eric

a word of caution regarding the Dlask: Magnesium is very soft, and when you're fitting it to the frame a LOT of material comes off quickly and easily. If a trigger is too tall to even start in the frame I run it across a bastard file to take some off the top and bottom. I knew it was soft but I couldn't believe how easily the material rolled off the trigger shoe.

But I did get a stable 1 lb. 6 oz. pull. I raised it above 2# because occasional contact from the mag body was preventing trigger reset.

• 2 weeks later...

I've used a para p16-40 dawson jarrett model for limited and lim 10 since 2002. and it runs like a scalded dog. Mine predates the pxt madness and I"ve never had any issues. I've had a trigger job done, a new barrell fit for it and an ice magwell. Other than that she's stock... If jarrett and tomasie have trusted paras I don't see why an STI would be any better. Granted parts for STIs are easier to find but I think youre good to go with a para. Run the shit out of it!

I've used a para p16-40 dawson jarrett model for limited and lim 10 since 2002. and it runs like a scalded dog. Mine predates the pxt madness and I"ve never had any issues. I've had a trigger job done, a new barrell fit for it and an ice magwell. Other than that she's stock... If jarrett and tomasie have trusted paras I don't see why an STI would be any better. Granted parts for STIs are easier to find but I think youre good to go with a para. Run the shit out of it!

Same here!!! And I just have the standard Dawson magwell and still factory barrel! The extractor was just replaced with an Aftec but only because the other broke. Give it hell

Tungsten Guide rod

+1 on the Tungsten guide rod! I have one in mine and it really helps the gun stay flatter. Of course I will obviously make the gun heavier so depending on if you like lighter or heavier guns it might not be to your liking. I personally love it.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently had a set screw installed in my frame to remove trigger take up. I have a picture but cannot post it to my sharing site at the office. I think this is one of the best enhancements out there to help trigger control with the original trigger. I will start another thread when I get my picture to my shutterfly account.

I hope it turns out to be worth the pain me and my machinest went through to get it installed. First time I have ever seen anyone make a drill bit extention out of a piece of slighly larger steel rod. pretty cool stuff.

Retread