Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Comp?

dbglock35

I am going to get a comp, but which one is more effective for reducing muzzle flip? (of the 2 I'm looking at) a 2 port comp or a 4 port of which 2 of the ports are on the side facing out.

Any help will be great

Thanks

It depends on a whole host of factors: who's comp is it, what powder you are using, what bullet weight, how much powder you are using, etc.

With the lower pf, there seems to be a trend away from the gazillion port comp towards a more reasoned one. Nowadays, I would say that the 3, 4 or 5 chamber comp with 2 or 4 ports on each side is the norm. Some people have holes drilled into their barrel too.

I'm using the same comp I used with the 175pf for Super. A 5 chamber edm comp with 2 holes on each side. I load to a 170pf, using 115gr bullets and Winchester 540.

Edited by davidwiz

I was looking at the new tribredII 6" barrel on a 5" slide. It actually has like 6 ports or something like that on it. 3 hybrid ports and 3 regular comp cut type ports on the front.

Shot one like it a couple weeks ago and really liked how it felt.

Chris email me or pm me and tell me your experiences on it and what type of barrel etc.

The one I shot was exactly like chris's if thats it. I thought it shot pretty sweet.

The first one has an additional comp on a 6" tribrid barrel, not sure how its mounted.

second one is the tribrid without an additional comp. I thought it was super fast and flat as can be. At least faster than my current setup.

and I must say I have really grown to like the slide mounted optics, though i use a JPoint.

Yep that was my gun. It seemed flat with all the dot movement when the Docter was on the slide. When I switched back to a C-more, I found that it wasn't really that flat. I switched it out for a non-ported hibrid with Bedell's Ti comp. I put 2 3/16" port in the barrel rib. It is really flat now.

Thanks, Yes it is for a Glock 35. With all the weight i added so far, it shoots really flat, but I just want to see if I can make it shoot any flatter. I am looking at a KKm barrel with four ports. two of them on the sides. Will the side comps make a difference at all is what I'm really trying to ask.

Thanks again.

Thanks, Yes it is for a Glock 35. With all the weight i added so far, it shoots really flat, but I just want to see if I can make it shoot any flatter. I am looking at a KKm barrel with four ports. two of them on the sides. Will the side comps make a difference at all is what I'm really trying to ask.

Thanks again.

I shoot the Tri-brid in my open gun, but there are a few mods that seemed to stabalize it. One additional port between the factory ports, so 7 holes instead of 6, and then 3 small holes on each side of the 3 ports at the end of the barrel (where the rounded part meets the part that goes up.) My gunsmith recommended this after some prototyping he did and it seems to work well without the added weight of more comp.