Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Mag Pouch

kenm94803

Have shot a few matches in Production and have decided to go to CR Speed pouches. I have searched but have not seen my question which is: As long as the magazines and mag pouches are behind the hip bone can I cant the mag pouches or do they need to stay vertical with the body? Thanks

Have shot a few matches in Production and have decided to go to CR Speed pouches. I have searched but have not seen my question which is: As long as the magazines and mag pouches are behind the hip bone can I cant the mag pouches or do they need to stay vertical with the body? Thanks

As long as there behind your hip bone, you can cant them.

You can can't them, or you can't cant them? :wacko:

You can can't them, or you can't cant them? :wacko:

I am glad you aren't from that city near Akron.

Keep in mind the 2 inch rule.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

The CR Speeds only swivel front or back not away from the body. Not much would change unless you were really skinny and the stuck out to the front too far.

The CR Speeds only swivel front or back not away from the body. Not much would change unless you were really skinny and the stuck out to the front too far.

I was about to agree, but I thought about this some more.

Even if you stuck to far to the front, that would mean the bullet side of the magazine will swing closer to your body. As long as the swivel point is within 2" of the body, that would make the magazine still be within the 2" tolerance. (Think of a seesaw: As one end moves further away from the ground, the other end will move closer to the ground. As long as the center of the seesaw is within 3 feet of the ground, the end that is closer to the ground will be less than 3 feet.)

5.2.5 Where a Division specifies a maximum distance that a competitor's handgun and equipment may extend away from a competitor's belt, the measurement shall be taken in the following manner:

— perpendicular to the belt at the point of attachment to the belt

— from the inner most surface of the belt equipment (against the pants/body) to the nearest body-side surface of the handgun and/or any reloading device.

Notice that the rule does not say the measurement has to be performed at the top of the belt to the magazine. It says merely "from the inner most surface of the belt equipment ... to the nearest body side surface ..." Yes, the picture in the Appendix shows measuring from the top of the belt, but as mentioned in the past by Flex (or was it Nik?), the measurement need not be from the top of the belt.

Edited by Skydiver

I was about to agree, but I thought about this some more.

Even if you stuck to far to the front, that would mean the bullet side of the magazine will swing closer to your body. As long as the swivel point is within 2" of the body, that would make the magazine still be within the 2" tolerance. (Think of a seesaw: As one end moves further away from the ground, the other end will move closer to the ground. As long as the center of the seesaw is within 3 feet of the ground, the end that is closer to the ground will be less than 3 feet.)

5.2.5 Where a Division specifies a maximum distance that a competitor's handgun and equipment may extend away from a competitor's belt, the measurement shall be taken in the following manner:

perpendicular to the belt at the point of attachment to the belt

from the inner most surface of the belt equipment (against the pants/body) to the nearest body-side surface of the handgun and/or any reloading device.

Notice that the rule does not say the measurement has to be performed at the top of the belt to the magazine. It says merely "from the inner most surface of the belt equipment ... to the nearest body side surface ..." Yes, the picture in the Appendix shows measuring from the top of the belt, but as mentioned in the past by Flex (or was it Nik?), the measurement need not be from the top of the belt.

So, by that reasoning, my Bladetech DOH for my Shadow, which is 2-3/8" from the inner belt as shown in the diagram, but is less than 2" at the bottom of the belt is legal? And, by the rule itself, it must be taken from the "nearest body side surface", So if it is 3" at the top, but 1 1/2" at the bottom, it should be legal, right?

Edited by GrumpyOne

— perpendicular to the belt at the point of attachment to the belt

— from the inner most surface of the belt equipment (against the pants/body) to the nearest body-side surface of the handgun and/or any reloading device.

So, by that reasoning, my Bladetech DOH for my Shadow, which is 2-3/8" from the inner belt as shown in the diagram, but is less than 2" at the bottom of the belt is legal?

That was my impression from the other thread. I just need to go find it again... I'll probably post late tonight or tomorrow. I'll be away from a PC for the rest of the evening, and most of tomorrow.

And, by the rule itself, it must be taken from the "nearest body side surface", So if it is 3" at the top, but 1 1/2" at the bottom, it should be legal, right?

I wonder if this will cause a proliferation of WWF and weight lifter's belts at the range so that belts are 4-5" tall so that the bottom of the belt come to be within 1.5" of the gun, but the top of the belt will have the grip a good 3-4" away from the waist. :lol:

And, by the rule itself, it must be taken from the "nearest body side surface", So if it is 3" at the top, but 1 1/2" at the bottom, it should be legal, right?

I wonder if this will cause a proliferation of WWF and weight lifter's belts at the range so that belts are 4-5" tall so that the bottom of the belt come to be within 1.5" of the gun, but the top of the belt will have the grip a good 3-4" away from the waist. :lol:

Easier yet. Stick the outer belt to the top half or third of the inner belt?

Then comes the heel of the pistol above the top of the belt. :ph34r: