Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why do some shooters number their magazines?

NicVerAZ

Another reason to label them in production is because you can only have ten in the mag at the start signal. I put 11 in first mag on stages with loaded starts so that on "make ready" after I load and rack the slide Im legal. When theyre labeled I know what mag to start with.

Since we're talking about numbered mags, does everyone start on mag # 1 or 0 everytime you shoot or do you cycle through?

A friend of mine has the Dawson numbered stickers on his mags. I suggested that he start with whatever mag number corresponds to the stage. That way he would use all his mags evenly instead of #1 all the time and #5 hardly ever. I dunno, made sense to me, but he looked at me like I was crazy :blink: I guess he's got that ADD/OCD thing hahaha

That is a GREAT idea and makes entirely too much sense, if you have 6 (or 10, or however many stages) mags. I don't number my mags (yet) but usually take at least 6 (Production) to a match even though I usually only carry 5.

So I could name mine ╥, e, ε, √2 and ∞.

I just might do that! :D

My idea! Mine! Mine!!!

Seriously, I was being facetious.

As a matter of fact, the one with the infinite symbol, you can nickname it "Hollywood".

• 3 weeks later...

my glock mags all had my last name, caliber (i have in 9mm and .40S&W) and #'d though i never had a feeding problem that wasn't a mag seating (shooter error) issue.

my CZ TS mags i'll have only my last name and #

Edited by mackey