Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Entry Level 1911 For USPSA?

polizei1

From what little I know about BillG from people talking about him, he is a penny pincher. Political views aside, if he were to chose a gun, there would a demonstrable bang for buck for him to pick a more expensive gun, when the features are available on a cheaper gun.

From what little I know about BillG from people talking about him, he is a penny pincher. Political views aside, if he were to chose a gun, there would a demonstrable bang for buck for him to pick a more expensive gun, when the features are available on a cheaper gun.

Okay.................... :rolleyes:

I was an M&P guy, but I had the opportunity to trade an AK47 and $200 for a 9mm Trojan that had maybe 50 rounds through it. It looked new.

Well it is almost cheating shooting that gun, my times are slow since I am new to the gun games, but point totals just as high as the guys shooting major. Anyway, your suppose to hit all A's right! Well I am ordering another in .45, I was going to convert my Operator to a USPSA gun, but I can get a pistol set up the same as my 9mm and still keep the operator as a good defense gun, and I didn't want to have to reduce weight on the operator...

In general, shooting minor is a disadvantage if you have an opportunity to shoot major. (Although lately, I've been hearing some M and GM class shooters starting to re-think that rule of thumb specially if they are women and have to deal with recoil and splits while shooting Single Stack.) Shooting 9mm in Single Stack will be forcing him to shoot minor.

Single Stack adds a unique twist, as Minor brings with it the ability to load up to 10 in the mag under the rules, rather than the 8 for major power factor.